Oceanic Datamax Sport computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainh2o

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I can get a nice looking reg/computer/ console from my uncle cheap. Like 50 bucks cheap. He quit diving years back and stored everything since. The computer is a datamax sport with the user replaceable battery. Looks like it works and is in great shape. The console also has a nice little scubapro pressure guage as well.

Any pros/cons of this computer?
Would it make a great newbie computer?
He seemed to like it but wanted an unbiased opinion.

Thanks

Well lets see.,

You're talking about a reg.and asking about a OLD computer.
Not so much to say about it

Computer could be fine when in fully working order.(being a Oceanic one it could be):D But there is mothing much to say on it.

Maybe...If you told anything on the reg.members could/would comment more on your post.

btw.haven't seen your post untill now.Must have been "snowed under"untill now.

Sorry for that.

I can get a nice looking reg/computer/ console from my uncle cheap. Like 50 bucks cheap. He quit diving years back and stored everything since. The computer is a datamax sport with the user replaceable battery. Looks like it works and is in great shape. The console also has a nice little scubapro pressure guage as well.

Any pros/cons of this computer?
Would it make a great newbie computer?
He seemed to like it but wanted an unbiased opinion.

Thanks

My wife and I both have that exact computer and have been diving with them since the early '90s with no problems. The computer is "air" only.

I just upgraded to a Wisdom 2 but used the Sport and didn't have any issues until my last dive with it when a buddy was using it (it quit reading depth.) I just replaced the batteries and plan to test it this weekend. I'll let you know if the battery change brought it back. Other than this it served well with no incidences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom