I have a question for all the console people

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLWeek

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, I just picekd up a suunto Favor S 2 consol and was wandering how everyone whore theres.

Do you just let it hang, or do you bungy it some how, or do you put it on one of those retracter things?

Any help would be great...a PICTURE would be even better:D

I use a retractor with my cobra and clip it midchest. I bought the cobra with 12 dives on it and the face protector was scratched up pretty badly already from dragging along the bottom so the previous owner bought the retractor for it. It makes it easier to find since its always right under my air2. The face protectors cost about $12 so the retractor ($20+) is really worth it considering how quickly the first lens protector got scratched up. I think it actually happened on the first few dives he made... in the concrete bottomed swimming pool. Just make sure you get a good, long retractor.

DON'T let it hang!!!

You'll bang it on rocks, drag it through seaweed, mud...you'll hurt the environment and your computer.

Get a clip for it. I've got a very simple clip that is simply a plastic quick release buckle with a loop of thick line on either end. One end is looped through the console, one is looped to the high d-ring on my chest.

Trident makes a very decent retractor for around $15 or so that works VERY well for keeping the console close to you when you let it go, and also has about 30" of travel in it so you can pull it far away from your chest and look at it.

I have mine clipped across my chest with one of those delrin quick clips. Don't need a retractor, just roll it to the right angle and I can see just looking down.

I also use a retractor clipped to a D-ring on my upper right side.
I can usually glance down to see Pressure, & pull it out to use the compass.

Back
Top Bottom