Suunto Cobra 2 - Can Quick Disconnect be Added On?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravelDave

Contributor
Reaction score
If one has a Cobra 2 without Quick Disconnect, is it possible to convert it to Quick Disconnect after the fact? Any idea how much it would cost?

Thanks,
Dave

Absolutely. And it is pretty simple with just a few, normally available hand tools (like the properly sized wrenches). Been awhile since I got mine, and the pieces themselves may appear to be a little pricey (just checked quick on the Internet, and ScubaStore.com has it for around $70), but I have had two (one still on my Cobra 2, the other on my wife's hand-me-down - from me - Eon), and they are great and convenient, and I have never had a problem. I highly recommend it.

Absolutely. And it is pretty simple with just a few, normally available hand tools (like the properly sized wrenches). Been awhile since I got mine, and the pieces themselves may appear to be a little pricey (just checked quick on the Internet, and ScubaStore.com has it for around $70), but I have had two (one still on my Cobra 2, the other on my wife's hand-me-down - from me - Eon), and they are great and convenient, and I have never had a problem. I highly recommend it.

Thanks! Can you tell me what pieces I would need to order from ScubaStore? I tried to a search, but not sure what parts I need. Is it pretty self explanatory once you have the parts?

Got a great deal on the computer, so I don't mind spending a little more for the QD. Seems like a must-have feature.

Thanks
Dave

Seems like a must-have feature.

I don't know about that, but it is a nice feature to have.

It is as simple as unscrewing the hose off of your computer. If I remember correctly and it has been a little while, the last one I did was a 3-5 minute project. Disconnect the hose, remove the existing base connection and add the new one.

If you are uncomfortable with it, take it to your LDS and then can do it pretty quick even if they don't normally carry Suunto.

I can't remember, but I think I took the back off, 4 screws to make it easier to get the boot off since it seats inside the molded housing. If you do pull the back off, go ahead and clean the metal selector buttons that are normally covered by plastic from the outside. Those are the buttons that you push to select options in the software. Chances are if the computer has been in any salt water, they might have a tinge of corrosion and will only take a few seconds.

You will figure it out. Good luck with it.

I don't know about that, but it is a nice feature to have.

It is as simple as unscrewing the hose off of your computer. If I remember correctly and it has been a little while, the last one I did was a 3-5 minute project. Disconnect the hose, remove the existing base connection and add the new one.

If you are uncomfortable with it, take it to your LDS and then can do it pretty quick even if they don't normally carry Suunto.

I can't remember, but I think I took the back off, 4 screws to make it easier to get the boot off since it seats inside the molded housing. If you do pull the back off, go ahead and clean the metal selector buttons that are normally covered by plastic from the outside. Those are the buttons that you push to select options in the software. Chances are if the computer has been in any salt water, they might have a tinge of corrosion and will only take a few seconds.

You will figure it out. Good luck with it.

I can't add much more to that. It actually is pretty simple.

As to a source, you might check the other on-line scuba supply places, as well.

Good Luck!

ibj40 -

Is the part that you found at scuba.com an actual Suunto QD or is it some other brand? I didn't find it when I searched scuba.com, but may be using the wrong search term. Does it attach to the first stage or does it attach where the hose goes into the computer?

Thanks again,
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom