2nd Hand Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

larry_foo

Reaction score
Hello there! I would like to ask if anyone got experiences or opinion about getting a used dive computer?
I have an offered thru e-mail, from this guy who bought his dive comp in '96! It is Adladdin Pro.
Hope yo guys can give me some advise
Thanks.

DON'T DO THAT!

Larry, unless you know the pedigree of this computer in the most thorough manner, it would not be a good idea. In today's diving world, that computer is part of your life support system--at 100' you want to be damn sure that its deco mode is properly functioning. You also want to be damn sure that its profiling mode is working correctly. etc., etc.

I guess you could get a dive shop to check it out, but I wouldn't buy it in the first place. Others may have a different view. Let's watch together.

And, I do not believe we have met. Nice to meet you and welcome to the Board!

Joewr

If you're going to buy a used computer, buy it from someone you know AND get it checked out at your local dive shop. That's not equipment that you want to be at all unsure of.

You may want to go to your local dive shop and ask them if they know of any used computers for sale. Some shops are willing to do that, and wouldn't you feel better about a computer that your dive shop recommended?

Julie

Thanks for the reply. I share the same views as you. That's why I was very unsure and also not feeling very comfortable with the idea right from the beginning. BUt as I'm still a student, who is madly in love with diving, my budget is very tight.
I guess I will sit out of such deal, and save for a new dive comp instead (and that's not in a near future...sigh!). Thanks again for the advise, I think you are absolutely right.
Nice to meet you too(Joewr & Julie)
(*grin*) see you around often....:)

Cheers!

Larry,

I know it's tough diving without a computer. I was lucky to be able to borrow a used one almost as soon as I was certified. Start saving for that new one, but ask around among other divers you know and with your local dive shop. It never hurts to ask, and if someone knows you're looking for one they might hear of one up for sale and think of you.

Good luck!

Julie

Back
Top Bottom