Aeris Atmos AI or Oceanic Proplus 2??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am trying to decide on a dive computer and have pretty much narrowed it down to the Aeris AI or the Oceanic Proplus 2. At least from the pictures I have seen, the Oceanic seems a little bigger, and the Aeris seems just the right size.
I have considered the Suunto Cobra which is a little small.

Anyone have suggestions or opinions on choosing between these two - or recommendations for others?

I am a new diver and will be purchasing a new regulator at the same time.

Thanks.

If you are also purchasing a BCD with the Regulator and Computer, then you may consider the Oceanic Pro Plus 2. Till the end of the month, Oceanic is offering a $75 rebate on the purchase of 3 of their products. That is what I am doing this weekend.
Good luck, the choice is yours.

My Suunto Mosquito is almost to small, prefer the size of my Aeris. I recomend the Atmos for its display size, info displayed during dive, ease of setup, well just everything about it, get it at ScubaToys.com and you get absolute warrinty coverage and a price that matches or beets all else.

I would go with either the Aeris AI or the Suunto. I do have to agree that some of the Suunto displays get small. Oceanic...not for me.

tkapfer:
If you are also purchasing a BCD with the Regulator and Computer, then you may consider the Oceanic Pro Plus 2. Till the end of the month, Oceanic is offering a $75 rebate on the purchase of 3 of their products. That is what I am doing this weekend.
Good luck, the choice is yours.

Out of curiosity, where is this rebate information? I don't see anything about it on their website....

skeet:
My Suunto Mosquito is almost to small, prefer the size of my Aeris. I recomend the Atmos for its display size, info displayed during dive, ease of setup, well just everything about it, get it at ScubaToys.com and you get absolute warrinty coverage and a price that matches or beets all else.

Thanks for the plug! Yea, if you decide to go Aeris... shout at me personally, and tell me you're a scubaboard member and I'll try to get you set up!

blueeyes_austin:
Out of curiosity, where is this rebate information? I don't see anything about it on their website....

Not sure if it is on their website or not, but I saw the rebate sign in my LDS.
World Watersports/Divers Direct in Orlando.
It was an instant $75 Oceanic rebate, so they took it off right there and then.

I own a Pro Plus 2. I've logged 20 dives on it so far. Its performed flawlessly. I like the large display and the way the display is laid out. Easy to program and to scroll through functions. I went with the compass mount, purchased the screen protector and the USB download kit for the PC. I like the dive profile and dive log sofware too. You'll find plenty of feed back (pro & con) on all the models mentioned here in this forum by doing a thread search.

They both use the same algorithm. I have owned both and they are a good choice. Suunto is much more conservative, if that is more to your taste. I find that I get more down time with the Pelagics than Suunto. Haven't got bent with any comp I've used and I have taken them all into Deco numerous times.

The big advantage of the ProPlus 2 is the huge screen with big numbers and the very granular Nitrogen-loading graph. The Aeris is smaller and lighter. They're both excellent computers manufactured by the same company.

Note that they do have a pretty aggressive dive algorithm, so if you're not in perfect shape, it's probably a good idea to ascend at a lower nitrogen-loading than you'd do with a Suunto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom