Should I Buy From Scubastore.com? Galileo Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkmcdon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all. I'm new to diving and am considering purchasing a Galileo Luna dive computer from Scubastore.com. Is that a good thing to do? I live in the USA. The price looks great, but I'm just not sure. Is this a trustworthy company? Any insights would be appreciated.

They probably will not sell to an address in the United States due to Scubapro/Uwatec dealer restrictions. You may not learn this until you attempt to place the order and receive an email from them.

From what I understand they are a good store to work with, but the issue is that Scubapro doesn't honor the warranty because it was not bought from a store in the US. Do a search on scubastore.com and you will find a number of thread discussing this very issue.

If you mean the scubastore.com that is in Spain ?.
I have recently got a fair bit of equipment from them,and the service was outstanding,as for warranty if you look on the web site it does state they will look after this if you live in a different country, i had a duff set of gloves and scuba store replaced them with no fuss at all ( i'm in oz )
Just don't speak to loud or you will get in trouble for not buying from the local overpriced LDS :)

They probably will not sell to an address in the United States due to Scubapro/Uwatec dealer restrictions. You may not learn this until you attempt to place the order and receive an email from them.

You will not have any problems with them selling to you. Warranty is only valid in Europe though so if you have a problem it will need to be sent back there. Scubastore is trust worthy, I have ordered from them numerous times without any big issues.:wink:

Can we get a link or proof that there is no U.S. warranty? Sounds ridiculous especially from Scubapro

If I buy SCUBAPRO UWATEC products overseas, can I get servicing / warranty coverage locally?

Yes, provided you bought the product from an Authorized Dealer.

this comes off the scubapro website FAQ section.
Scuba store is an authorized dealer listed on Scubapro site under Spain

Do a search, there was someone with this exact issue recently (Galileo purchased from Scubastore) and they seemed to be having no luck communicating with Scubastore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom