Compass Removal from Aeris Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I believe there is a screw that holds the compass to the computer. Im not 100% on this, but Im almost sure. If you REALLY need to know message me back and Ill go look. (its midnight now and I dont feel like digging it up)

Okay, I just removed my compass and checked it out. Heres the deal. You need to carefully pry the compass out of the plastic/rubber housing. Be carefull not to bend the housing while you do this because it looked like to me it would be really easy to break the thing off of the computer. I grasped the compass housing with one hand and pried it out with my other hand. Once you get the compass out you will see 2 allen screws that attach the compass housing to the computer. When you remove the screws the housing will come off. A quick tip.. when inserting the compass back into the housing make sure you line up the side windows view of the compass in the slot on the front of the compass housing. If you just insert the compass you will lose the side view. Hope this answers your questions..

Geoff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom