Oceanic VT Pro vs. Aeris Atmos Elite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

somno

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting one of these computers. My local dive shop only had one of the Aeris computers (the Ai) and none of the Oceanic ones, but he said they were just about the same as they are both Pelagic companies.

In reviewing what I can find on the web, it seems that they are similar except for placement of the elasped time and max depth info. It appears that the Oceanic VT Pro has 4 non-decompression screen modes compared to 3 for the Aeris Atmos Elite.

The first (extra) screen mode on the Oceanic has only 3 pieces of data compared to the 5 bits of data on the first screen of the Aeris (elapsed time and max depth on NOT included on the first screen of the Oceanic but is on their second screen).

The question that I have is if I press the front button of the computer to switch to the next screen while in non-decompression dving, does the screen stay that way indefinitely, or does it revert back to screen one after a few seconds?

I do photography and hate to keep pushing a button to get the screen mode with the most information that I wish to see (if the screen keeps reverting back to a default screen with less info).

The Oceanic also has one more graph than the Aeris (Air Time Remaining Bar Graph) which seems to be an added plus for the Oceanic.

Thanks for any info on this issue.

Mark

Based on the demo they have it seems that it stays at the screen you leave it at. If you want another screen you probably have to toggle to it w/ the button. This is just what I gathered from the demo so I can't be certain.

Its interesting, though, that there are differences between the Oceanic and Aeris versions - I always thought they were the same with different logos :)

Somno, the display on the VT Pro will stay on whatever you want it to. The computers are virtually the same, while the differences in them are pretyy much cosmetic in their displays.

I liked the VT Pro better for it's easier to read display (IMO) and the hoseless AI (which worked flawlessly last week in Cozumel). Though a back up SPG would be a good idea since if the comp decided to deep 6, you could still tell how much air you have left.

Brules

Back
Top Bottom