Oceanic Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancrest67

Reaction score
I upgraded to an Oceanic ProPlus computer January of 2002...and I love it...air integrated, large graphic display, clear indicators...and downloadable logged dives...being able to download my dive data is far easier than having to write everything out in a log book. For any owners, I recommend the PC kit...it will save you time...plus, you can print out your dive graphs and logs.

All computers require care and understanding...all require the diver to pay attention...a computer only provides information and reminds the diver of the profile...it is the responsibility of the diver to stay within the limits.

Yes, it is easy to become lazy with a computer...and it is important to keep refreshing oneself on dive profiles and the tables.

I have had the Data Max Pro Plus for three years and love it. I still have to read the manual (which is nicely laid out and easy to follow) to make myself aware of all the features.

My first computer had a problem. I called the factory directly and they took it back and replaced it promptly with a new computer.

My wife has one too without any problems at all.

The dive shops that carry Oceanic gear all rave about this line of products. The ones that don't (or used to carry) all have complaints. Go Figure.

I like the flexibility this computer give to a recreational diver. The key word is recreational! The computer will do decompression diving but you cannot use it to plan a deco dive. This mode is considered an emergency mode.

The only complaint I have is the 2 degree F temperature difference between my computer and the one my wife uses. I am not sure anything can be done about this but so long as it is a consistant eror, I will live with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom