wanting to buy a new computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am wanting to buy a new computer that's very easy to read and use does anyone have any recommendations? I am thinking about a console that will work with nitrox (if I deside to upgrade to it) I would like to be able to have one that I will be able to download my dives onto my computer (vista). I have been looking at the Aeris Atmos AI and the Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus 2.1 and am not sure witch would be better or if there is another one out there that is better.

Last edited:
Read the sticky, then search through other threads about computer selection. Everyone's individual requirements are so different that it's pretty hard to make you a specific recommendation. You don't even mention if you want console, wrist, nitrox, etc.

Pretty broad question...

Do you dive nitrox/trimix?
Do you have a budget?
Do you want any particular features aside from easy to use and read?
Any features you particularly don't want?
Do you have a preference for wrist/console mounting?
Do you want to be able to download the data after a dive?
Do you mind if you can't change the batteries yourself?
Do you have any particular service agents nearby, in case you need a warranty repair?

Answers to these will probably get you much more accurate answers. In my experience lots have very big screens and are pretty easy to use in their basic modes. Which computer do you have now so we at least know what you don't like.

At the very least a budget would be a good starting place.

I would like to stay around $700 to 800 range if possible. Right now I am using an Oceanic Veo 100. It was my husbands old computer (and not really one I am particularly fond of). I would like to have one that is air intergrated. It would be nice to be able to change the batteries myself but that is not a deal breaker.

Very easy to read, nitrox ready, user changeable battery, and download your dives....

You already mentioned my favorite two. Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus 2 and the Aeris Atmos AI. They're actually the same computer just in a different shape.

For "easy to read" the Datamax gets the nod. It has a huge, easy display.

-Charles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom