SUUNTO GEKKO - new computer from Suunto?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VTernovski

Contributor
Reaction score
Just noticed SUUNTO GEKKO computer on simplyscuba website... Suunto's own website has no informatin on this new computer... any of you seen this one? how is is different from Vyper (other than the glowing screen)

It looks like a budget Vyper, with no download capability.

Would make a good nitrox computer for people not interested in viewing their profiles. Doesn't appear to have a gauge mode, so no good as a bottom timer - you'd probably bend it on a deco dive.

you wonder why they even bothered... but I guess it becomes the cheep version in the range and many people don't hook to a computer to down load the details.

I used to but now I play back the profile and play join the dots on my custom made dive log. Works great - instant profiles.

The only thing it doesnt do that the Vyoer does, is it doesnt have the simulation mode, and it wont do gauge mode...

It is a nitrox computer, and I believe it is PC downloadable...

I will check again today, we have four of them in the shop. All I can say, is they look cool, but very similar to vyper, and almost the same price...

SimplyScuba says they're not downloadable, but I don't have one in front of me to confirm :)

Suunto Gekko is an ideal choice for sports divers who do not require a PC interface or simulation features.

HUH...well, thats funny, because they have the three little contacts on the back just like the vyper, unless they have disabled them...

Now, I really am goin to check them out this morning...

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
HUH...well, thats funny, because they have the three little contacts on the back just like the vyper, unless they have disabled them...

Now, I really am goin to check them out this morning...

Dont those contacts also double as the water activation contacts?

Suunto Gekko Doesn't seem to be PC downloadable... Unlike the Favor it is Nitrox compatible, so they are upgrading their bottom of the line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom