Oceanic Veo 2.0 or 3.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im looking for a new computer.

My Lds of choice primarily carries Oceanic, or at least that the brand I've narrowed it down to. I currently own 2 other computers made by different manufacturers. 1 Aeris Atmos Pro and 1 Suunto Gekko. Both work fine, but they are getting up there in years, were both purchased used, with who knows how many dives on them. So I've decided to bring in a new computer with a warranty and support my Lds in the process.

I'm looking for a non-air integrated wrist mounted computer and was specifically looking at the Veo 2.0 or 3.0. Currently I'm a recreational diver, no deco or overhead environments.

I've seen the few other threads on this subject and am looking to see if there are any new reviews or posters that have used both computers.

*** I am not intending to use the download software ***

Thanks in advance for your opinions,

Last edited:
My wife has the 3.0 and I have used the 2.0. IMO the step back option on the 3.0 is worth its weight. When going throught the menu on the 2.0 if you pass a setting you have to go all the way through till you get back to it. With the 3.0 you can scroll forward or backward.
The 3.0 has more options for O2 but sounds like you probably wont use them anyway.
The 3.0 is very user friendly, we like it alot and have not had any problems.
I dont think there is much of a price dif between the two. I would get the 3.0

Both dive computers come with free online class: just register the dive computer with Oceanic and they will send you an Activation Code.
Also, they are both available in divePAL :wink:
DivePAL_w_20110915.jpg

Both are great computer, but if you are looking for a non ain intergrated wrist mount. I would also look at the GEO 2.0. It will do everything the VEO 3.0 will do but it is a watch style. You can wear it as an everyday watch, also the thing I like about it most of all is how much smaller it is in comparison to the VEO 3.0. Either way you go you will no be dissapontied at all. They VEO 3.0 and GEO 2.0 are the same computer just one also being a watch. I have dove with both the GEO 2.0 and VEO 3.0 and love them both. I have not used the VEO 2.0 although know a few people that dive and love them. Good luck. Diving is LIFE everything else is just a LONG surface interval.

I have looked at the geo, but I prefer to have something bigger. Smaller isn't always better.

My wife has the 3.0 and I have used the 2.0. IMO the step back option on the 3.0 is worth its weight. When going throught the menu on the 2.0 if you pass a setting you have to go all the way through till you get back to it. With the 3.0 you can scroll forward or backward.
The 3.0 has more options for O2 but sounds like you probably wont use them anyway.
The 3.0 is very user friendly, we like it alot and have not had any problems.
I dont think there is much of a price dif between the two. I would get the 3.0

I saw the options for O2 and switching gasses. Not something I need now, but probably will in the future. The scroll back option does seem huge.

Back
Top Bottom