How to install Suunto Quick Disconnect directly to Cobra Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cheebye

Reaction score
i am current installing my Quick Disconnect from High pressure directly to stage. any one knows how to install QD to computer end? I tried, but it did not screw all the way in.

I'm entirely sure I understand your question, but I'll take a stab at answering it anyway... :wink:

Did your Cobra come with the QD or was this a later purchase? I'm not sure what they look like without the QD or how you prepared a non-QD Cobra for use with a QD, so if that's what you need help with, then I'm afraid I don't know the answer, but assuming that you have all that taken care of...

It should just push in, and you'll feel a spring-like action inside. Once you push it in all the way, you just need to give it like a quarter-twist (I believe it's clockwise) and it will lock in place. If you don't feel the spring inside, then just kind of twist it a little bit while pushing in and you'll feel the spring.

Hope that helps.

Remove the four screws on the back cover.
remove the computer and hose from the boot.
remove the hose from the computer.
remove the air spool from the hose.
You will install the o-ring and the short connector to the cobra.
snug the connection.
reinstall the computer into the boot and replace the screws.
The long end, and new air spool attach to the hose. again snug the connection.

Note you may have to trim the small black boot slightly to allow the new connection to slip into the boot.

Hallmac

I believe that would be the small stem that is part of the swivel, with the two tiny O rings on it.

The connection from the hose to the hose end of the QD is identical to what you *started* with on the computer . . . but isn't what you need when done - it becomes a fixed connection with the one larger O ring. If the swivel stem is still there, it won't go together correctly.

- Tim

I got the Cobra on eBay. It already had the QR installed, but only the 1/2 of it and no tiny tube thing. Where would I get this part? It appears that I cannot connect the HP hose to the QR without it...

i am current installing my Quick Disconnect from High pressure directly to stage. any one knows how to install QD to computer end? I tried, but it did not screw all the way in.
Hello all! Hope I can revive this post. I have a Cobra 3 and just bought the QR. installing next to the regulator is a breeze but I will like to have it next to the computer. When I tried I had the same issue mentioned above. It will not screw all the way in.
Thx in advance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom