Cochran Gemini Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NitroxDvrFL

Reaction score
Off the Coast of Hollywood Florida 130bsl
Does anyone have the Analyst (download program) for the Cochran computers what do you think of it ? does it work well? i have had the Gemini Plus for 2 years lots of info to download
Thanks

I have the Analyst Professional program for my Cochran Commander. I like it. It has many features that provide you detailed information about each of your dives. It takes a little getting use to the program. I have not had any problems with it so far. I have not seen anyone else who has had a problems with it, other than taking a little time to learn it. Take care.

Manny

I know this has nothing to do with your question, but I was wondering how you liked your Cochran? I was thinking about getting the Gemini myself.

Hi,

I have a Gemini and I am pleased with it. When I bought it I got the 1 FO2 version and recently upgraded to the 3 FO2 (software upgrade). I also have the professional version of the analyst software.

The computer can be customized to fit your personal diving style by selecting different ascent rate options. You can also select from 50 different levels of conservatism and separately choose to compensate the algorithms for water tempurature, breathing rate, and dive profiles (a shallow dive followed by a deeper dive).

In a post in a different thread someone dscribed the Cochran computers as a "Jaguar". The refernece was to the car company and like the car it is high performance but finicky. I have not had any trouble with mine in the water, but have had some minor problems out of the water. These problems were quickly and easily resolved with Cochran customer service, my compliments to Ken Johnson at Cochran.

The analyst software is klunky in appearance but is quite easy to work with and extremely powerful. I would definitely get the analyst software if you get a Cochran computer.

You are probably aware that the Gemini is rather expensive, if you don't want or need the air integration a Commander would be a nice choice and a lot less expensive. I chose to go with the Gemini for a number of reasons and built a completely redundant system with the tank unit, one "monitor" wrist unit, one "inteligent" wrist unit, and one SPG.

At age 43 my eyes are not what they used to be and the display is a little hard to read for me without an optical mask, that is not the computers fault, but might be a consideration for you. The optical mask also helps with fish and coral etc... I am pleased with my decision to purchase my computer. I would encourage you to download the manual for the model you are considering and read it thoroughly.

There are many different types of dive computer out there and the best way for you to decide is to ask questions like this one, consider the answers and most importantly do original research to aid you in making a choice that is right for you. The Suunto computers are quite popular. You might want to download the manual for a few of those models and look into them, I did, and chose the Cochran. Others when confronted with the exact same options have chosen the Suunto. It is your money do what you think best.

Mark Vlahos

My father n law has a Cochran Gemini Plus for sale. He's not diving now after search and rescue diving for years. Low milage if any on this computer. While waiting to find out what Plus means and exactly what configuration he has I am curious if there are any updates from Gemini owners. I see some not so promising comments around. Way more computer I know doubt need, but the price is right. Any suggestions/comments? thx. D.

Manny:
I have the Analyst Professional program for my Cochran Commander. I like it. It has many features that provide you detailed information about each of your dives. It takes a little getting use to the program. I have not had any problems with it so far. I have not seen anyone else who has had a problems with it, other than taking a little time to learn it. Take care.

Manny
i realize this is a really old thread, but i was wondering if anyone knows if there are places online i can find more info on using the analyst professional software. the cochran website has a tutorial, but i'm looking for more. i'm also curious about the scripting capabilities ...

Back
Top Bottom