Can you use multiple cylinders with a dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

supai

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
In the videos that I have been looking at and seeing people with more than one cylinder they all seem to have gauges to show the air in the cylinders. Do you get any computer that can take input from multiple wireless sensors?

Technical divers tend to frown on wireless transmitters because they have more failure points than a brass & glass pressure gauge. I personally don't think it is a huge deal, but bow to the majority of my team and use an SPG even though my Sol can handle 4 transmitters for back & deco gases. And with transmitters at $400 apiece I would rather buy a liquivision x1 than enough transmitters for my tec dives. :)

And I don't think you can have the same transmitter synced to multiple computers. Would be nice to have my Sol as primary reading the same 4 transmitters as my backup Luna on a tech dive, but sadly...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom