Question for the V Planner crowd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stangguy327

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,

This past weekend I did a series of 2 dives to 140' for 25 mins. I was on 25% back gass with 77% deco gas. I was using my profile from V Planner but also had my Aeis Elite T3 with me in normal dive mode. +2 for Vplanner and conservative turned off on the computer.

The first dive I was out of deco with my planned profile and my computer around the same time. But on my second dive my comp put me into deco much further than V Planner and had me do an extra 8 mins at 10' on 77%. I did the extra hang, but was it really needed? I know V planner is a better program than my comp but i didnt think they would be that far off on the second dive when they were very close on the first.

Just so you know, I did do my planned depth and time on both dives without issue. I was thinking that I should just turn the comp to gauge mode, but having a backup source keping track of my Ni and O2 loading makes me more comfortable. What do you think?

I'm not familiar with the model (buhlman, rgbm, haldaean etc) that the aeris uses, a bit of googling might find out. I also use V planner with a back up, a suunto vytec. Its a good procedure to have comparable models if using redundancy, I've had a few dives where my cut profile had to be "modified", thank you ratio deco.

I'm not familiar with the model (buhlman, rgbm, haldaean etc) that the aeris uses, a bit of googling might find out. I also use V planner with a back up, a suunto vytec. Its a good procedure to have comparable models if using redundancy, I've had a few dives where my cut profile had to be "modified", thank you ratio deco.
I do the same, and either use 2 Sunnto's; the Vytec DS and the D9....The Sunnto's give me two different deco's compared to the V-Planner [and 10-15psi difference between the two computers]...Or I'll use two Oceanics; Atom 2.0 and VT3 w/the V-planner....The Oceanics always give the exact same psi and deco profile, but they're different than V-Planner....They're closer to the V-Planner than the Sunnto's......I always follow the V-Planner as it's closest to the manual calc's I do w/all the formulas.....

i don't know about your specific computer, but many rec computers will really penalize a second dive on the same day as a deco dive - like v planner might show 6 minutes for the repetitive dive, but the rec computer wants 20. so your options in that case are to use v planner, put the computer in gauge mode, keep it in computer mode but have the gas to make it happy, or get a deco-oriented computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom