Oceanic Pro Plus 2 vs Aeris Atmos AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divegirlFL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well, as you can see by my title I'm debating between the Oceanic Pro Plus 2 and the Aeris Atmos AI. Any in use comments would be highly appreciated as I don't personally know anyone with either of these 2 computers yet. I currently have an air only Suunto which dates back awhile and am looking for a good Nitrox computer which is PC compatible and most likely air integrated (although this isn't required).

Thanks for your comments.

Plelagic makes them both, although I'm not clear on which is the parent company, etc. I've seen Oceanic and Aeris manuals that were word for word identical. In case this helps prevent confusion...

divegirlFL:
Well, as you can see by my title I'm debating between the Oceanic Pro Plus 2 and the Aeris Atmos AI. Any in use comments would be highly appreciated as I don't personally know anyone with either of these 2 computers yet. I currently have an air only Suunto which dates back awhile and am looking for a good Nitrox computer which is PC compatible and most likely air integrated (although this isn't required).

Thanks for your comments.

Is there something wrong with Suunto as a brand in your opinion? Why not consider a Vyper or Vytec if you want AI? The Pelagics are both more liberal computers than Suunto's for what thats worth. Love my Vyper. Don't care for AI since you need to wear a back up spg anyway. Considered all three before I bought mine. All personal preference.

Nothing wrong with my Suunto other than it isn't Nitrox. Just that Divers Direct doesn't sell Suunto any longer and that's who I do the most business with.

5615mike:
Is there something wrong with Suunto as a brand in your opinion? Why not consider a Vyper or Vytec if you want AI? The Pelagics are both more liberal computers than Suunto's for what thats worth. Love my Vyper. Don't care for AI since you need to wear a back up spg anyway. Considered all three before I bought mine. All personal preference.

divegirlFL:
Well, I bought the Atmos AI & hope to get a dive in real soon to test it out.

I just purchased a pro plus 2 and it rocks, but I belive the Atmos is almost the same thing just a little more compact. Hope you enjoy it. But if not luky for you Divers Direct does offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee,so try it soon.... Where in Fl. is your home town, I've never heard of it.

Joe diver1
clewiston Fl.

5615mike:
Don't care for AI since you need to wear a back up spg anyway.

Do explain this.

I have probably 200 dives on an AI, have had very good luck with it. One of the things that I really like about it is how it displays the remaining time you have left on the dive. It tells you that you have X time left on your dive, it doesn't immediatly tell you that you still have X minutes worth of air left or X minutes of bottom time left.

Joe diver1:
I just purchased a pro plus 2 and it rocks, but I belive the Atmos is almost the same thing just a little more compact. Hope you enjoy it. Joe diver1.

The two brands are made by the same company - Pelagic , and the owners manuals may be word for word identical.

I dove with it last Saturday off Ponce & liked it so far. Doubting I'll get another dive in before the 30 day guarantee but I think I'd stick with it even if I did. Just have to learn all of its goodies.

Chuluota is a rural suburb of Orlando.

Chuluota, that's where the Girl Scout camp is. I used to take my daughter there every summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom