World record dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d33ps1x

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just curious. Not that I am going to do anything stupid and try it but what type of guages and timers are these guys taking on their world record dives beyond 1000 fsw?

I noticed even dedicated "bottom timers" seem only rated to just beyond wkpp's range around 300 feet.

I don't know of anything personally, but I don't think it would be too difficult to make a mechanical depth guage to suit the depths they are looking for. After all, a depth guage is nothing more than a flexible tube. Just have to adjust for a stiffer tube and calibrate it properly.

I would think that a watch or a timer would more or less be the same, no matter what depth they are built for. It's just the housing that would make the difference. For those depths, I'm sure it can be done, just not a lot of demand for them.

excuse mee that should be 4000 (not 400) feet.

Back
Top Bottom