Is there anyone who uses the Sharkpoint Computer log book?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Rob,

I use SharkPoint for over a year and its a good piece of software. They also offer a very good support service.

Before I purchased SharkPoint I tested other logs out there, but SharkPoint suits the best for me. Just try it.

I use the latest version 1.5.1.42, and it work ok! No problem.

Another great point, the update rate is 3 to 4 times a year, and free for registered users.

With regards,
Frank Schipper

I read somewhere that when using their PocketPC version as well as the desktop it really screwed up and the user lost all his data (so keep backups going). This was with the more recent build too. Apparently the Palm version is really good though. I need to get one of their trial downloads and give it a shot myself.

Okay, I'm not a long term user of the software, I simply loaded the demo version and played with it. The big advantage is that it is a nice simple interface. It appears to log dives and that's about it. Which quite frankly would be enough, if it would plug directly into a dive computer, rather than try to read the imports from Dive Manager.

I suppose there are lots of legal reasons no one will read from the computer directly, but if I have to deal with Dive Manager, and loose some of the data from the export, then I might as well use Dive Manager.

I do think the PC to PPC interface was slick, and there was obviously some thought put into it. However, I think I would almost prefer to simply sync a data file with ActiveSync, one less pop up to be distracted by.

I have downloaded the trial version and it seems to be a very good program. I see on their web page that they, Sharkpoint, are trying to get a direct download from the Suunto computer to their software without going through dive manager.

If that happens, I think it would be worth the money to get.

If they get the direct interface I would be very interested. It doesn't have all the features I would like, but with the interface it would be better than what Dive Manager does by a lot (which also doesn't have many of the features I would like). The user interface was much better designed than dive manager.

I am with you, need to have direct interface to my cobra before use it. Too much of a pain otherwise.

RPanick:
If they get the direct interface I would be very interested. It doesn't have all the features I would like, but with the interface it would be better than what Dive Manager does by a lot (which also doesn't have many of the features I would like). The user interface was much better designed than dive manager.

Back
Top Bottom