Watch Fans: Help me find my dream dive watch please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Polpessa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a dive watch with ALL of the following features:

-Max price 250 US dollars
-Max diameter 38mm (1.5 inches) INCLUDING case
-Minimum diameter 33mm including case
-Minimum 200m water resist (yes, I want to dive with it!)
-Sapphire crystal (not sapphlex!)
-Stainless steel case, ss bracelet and uni-directional, s steel bezel (no coloured bezel pls)
-Analog, not digital
-Blue, Black, Silver, Grey or White face (anything but orange or yellow!)

Please, something easily available that I don't have to search on e-bay for weeks at a time in order to maybe find it. Quartz or Automatic I don't care.

Seems to me very hard to fill all these criteria! If you can help I'd be very grateful!

Thanks!

Timex
  • 200 meter depth rating
  • INDIGLO . night-light with NIGHT-MODE . option, and All Day INDIGLO . display
  • 16-hour stopwatch with lap/split
  • 8-lap memory recall, chronograph pause feature, single button push for lap times
  • 99-lap counter displays lap/split/time/lap number
  • 10-hour 3-mode countdown timer (countdown/stop, countdown/repeat, countdown/auto-start-chrono)
  • Top mounted pushers
  • Black FAST WRAP TM strap with fastener from Velcro USA
  • Shock resistant to FTC standards
  • US $50.00

Mine has been to 100 mfw/300 ffw and lived to tell the tale, but they're cheap enough to be essentially disposable for dives to that depth. They get the job done, including a timer for deco stops that tracks seconds. Kind of hard to work with cold hands in heavy gloves, but the buttons you need underwater are mostly located on the face where they're easier to manipulate and it's still the best I've found for the job.

Steven

You may try Invicta or Titoni range of watches, based on ETA-2824 swiss automatic movement. They are a bit bigger than 38mm and more expensive (around 300-400 USD), but they have all the features you want. For a cheaper price you can get Sandoz - Singapore assembled watch, based on the same movement, but WR up to 100m only.
http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WATCHSALES/NewWatchesSalesTable.htm

Heimdall:
Timex
  • 200 meter depth rating
  • INDIGLO . night-light with NIGHT-MODE . option, and All Day INDIGLO . display
  • 16-hour stopwatch with lap/split
  • 8-lap memory recall, chronograph pause feature, single button push for lap times
  • 99-lap counter displays lap/split/time/lap number
  • 10-hour 3-mode countdown timer (countdown/stop, countdown/repeat, countdown/auto-start-chrono)
  • Top mounted pushers
  • Black FAST WRAP TM strap with fastener from Velcro USA
  • Shock resistant to FTC standards
  • US $50.00

These sell at Wal Mart for like 30 bucks....they are what I use...I only hadf to buy a new one b/c my first one "disappeared"

Thanks for your replies but as for the Timex it's digital and I want analog only.

The reason for this is I already have a Casio G Shock which is great for a bottom timer and all round sport watch but I want something that looks elegant enough for everyday use (I'm a woman btw, and can't wear the G shock and other bulky sport watches to work).

I was hoping to find an elegant-ish one that's also good to 200m so I wouldn't have to worry about changing watches for diving. I like simplicity, and a 200m nice analog with bezel would serve me for all occasions.

As for the Titoni, I have seen their models and am VERY tempted to get one, good suggestion. Just wondering whether I can justify the expense, though...

Keep the ideas coming!

Here's a pic of the type of thing I'm looking for (the larger one on the left):

http://www.aaawatch.com/2653259135.htm

For your suggestion. I have seen the St Moritz momentum and am considering one of theirs. I was, however hoping to get a stainless steel bezel (not a coloured one as the momentum has) and sapphire crystal (which the momentum doesn't have) though I'm willing to be more flexible on the bezel colour than on the crystal

Try West Coast Time. I have bought several watches from this guy and all are excellent. Within your price range and a nice array to choose from.

http://www.westcoastime.com/

Good thing you alerted me to the typos, you're right, it's very entertaining to imagine the eyepopping of those who haven't been warned when they see things like

"Apex men's chronograph watch regular price 16,244 US, on sale for ONLY 16,244.25!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom