O2 + CO analyzer choices.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shurup

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
After some research I failed to find 2 in 1 analyzer, do they even exist? Would be nice to have and easier to carry one device around instead of 2, as well as do both checks at the same time.

If 2 in 1 isn't exist, what are the choices for separate analyzers beside the widely advertised Analox products?
Something fairly cheap and durable?

Shurup

I personally have not seen a "combination" tester. I have two separate, yet, very small and portable analyzers, one for O2 and the other for CO.

Below are the two I recommend for "Sports Diving"; they are made by Analox and sold by many different local and on-line scuba gear vendors.

Oxygen (Nitrox) Analyzer:

O2EII Nitrox Analyzer: Analox - Looking after the air you breathe.

Analox O2EII Analyzer | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

Carbon Monoxide Analyzer:

EII CO Carbon Monoxide Analyzer: Analox - Looking after the air you breathe.

Analox EII CO Carbon Monoxide Analyzer | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

Another important question to ask is, how much are replacement sensors cost?
One of my fav Canadian DC carries Analox testers so I an really considering this brand. Should be able to get sensors from them too, but how much are they anyway?

My Analox trimix analyzer uses a proprietary O2 cell that costs about double what a normal R22 cell does. That's an extra $70 or so to figure in every couple of years. I have no idea about replacing the cell on the CO analyzer.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

$35 for a replacement sensor (R22??) not too bad! I've seen some O2 analyzers costing 1/3 less than Analox, but the replacement sensors costing nearly half of the device itself. Analox is a clear winner in a long run I guess.

Could someone confirm the sensor cost and the cost of CO sensor as well?

---------- Post added July 14th, 2014 at 11:44 AM ----------

I use a GOX 100 T http://www.tec-dive-shop.com/media/image/thumbnail/200-74n_720x600.jpg for O2 and a sensorcon CO analyzer but might switch to a Greisinger GCO as having the sensorcon recalibrated (in Austria) seems to be more expensive than getting this new one that only needs to recalibrated every 5 years.
Picture didn't tell me much and the web site is in German, I studied it back in Uni but that was centuries ago. :D
It's also slow to load so I will check it again another time.
Thanks

---------- Post added July 14th, 2014 at 11:48 AM ----------

Shurup

I personally have not seen a "combination" tester. I have two separate, yet, very small and portable analyzers, one for O2 and the other for CO.

Below are the two I recommend for "Sports Diving"; they are made by Analox and sold by many different local and on-line scuba gear vendors.

Oxygen (Nitrox) Analyzer:

O2EII Nitrox Analyzer: Analox - Looking after the air you breathe.

Analox O2EII Analyzer | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

Carbon Monoxide Analyzer:

EII CO Carbon Monoxide Analyzer: Analox - Looking after the air you breathe.

Analox EII CO Carbon Monoxide Analyzer | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba
Good prices, better than my fav Canadian store! It's in USD but even after the exchange rate and customs fees I'd still have a decent saving!

I can put my O2 and CO meters into a small black case. With a Y connected attached the meters, then to a low pressure hose connector, I can test both gases at the same time.

attachment.php

Good idea if you have a lot of tanks to test, this saves a lot of time I bet, Still not quite the same as having one device doing both gases. :)

---------- Post added July 14th, 2014 at 10:44 PM ----------

Coming this Xmas :wink:
Any ideas on the price yet?
What are the costs for replacement sensors for your devices?

$35 for a replacement sensor (R22??) not too bad! I've seen some O2 analyzers costing 1/3 less than Analox, but the replacement sensors costing nearly half of the device itself. Analox is a clear winner in a long run I guess.

Not sure where you got this from my post. Regular R22 sensor is about $65. The Analox proprietary sensor is about $125. Ok, so it's only a $60 difference.
The Analox CO sensor is about $150.

Back
Top Bottom