Navimate GPS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks wonderful. Wonder if it's going to cost as much as I think? My guess is $1K - $3K. If it was sub $500 I'd probably be interested. A bit less and I'd be a definite.

I hope it is AI..... :rofl3:

(but seriously, interesting to see how/where this goes...)

Accord into the site they are listing it as around 1500$ for the unit plus another 500 for a boat transmiter which is also needed

It's been in development for years, at least 5. My guess is it is going nowhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thanks guys :)

Accord into the site they are listing it as around 1500$ for the unit plus another 500 for a boat transmiter which is also needed

Right in the middle of my guessed range. Way, way, way too pricy - except for the 1% - do they even dive?

Right in the middle of my guessed range. Way, way, way too pricy - except for the 1% - do they even dive?
Some do. I think this product has always been conceived as primarily for research, public safety, or other specialized uses rather than general recreational diving. It came out of an academic environment.

Doesn't seem overly pricey - lots of dive computers in use around that $1000 mark + the air transmitter ( 150-300 )
i bought that aerius cs300 just before they sold the company ( DOH! )

if it was 3000-5000 that would be way too much for me

Some do. I think this product has always been conceived as primarily for research, public safety, or other specialized uses rather than general recreational diving. It came out of an academic environment.

Look like they bit more than is good for them: I wonder how hard it would be to put a raspberry pi with an imu in a 60+m waterproof box and have it log your route. Could probably have that on the market in 6 months... and have subsurface plot your dive in 3d a few weeks later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom