How to download shearwater desktop on apple computers??!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NORTHEAST

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys I'm having no luck downloading the shearwaters desktop into my apple air laptop. I don't remember exactly what the computer says bit it's something along the lines of "cannot download because of a unknown file" what's up with this. On top of that shearwaters website has two options for downloading. Windows and Mac book. Obviously I chose Mac book and still no luck. Has anyone had this issue before and if so were you and how did you get this to work? Please guys I really need help with this so even if you have the slightest idea it's still better then no idea. Thanks

Contact Shearwater directly...they have excellent customer support and their tech guys talked me through a download problem last year.

Ok but are they there on Saturdays?

Sounds like your using a browser. Does the browser have shaded text that reads advanced or proceed anyway?

Also which Apple OS version are you running?

I'm literally computer illiterate. Lol I can check what it says again when I get home. I don't know anything about the computer except that it's a apple air laptop

Northeast, first, go to your first post and click "Report Post".

Then in the box, state "I am the OP and request this thread be moved the the Shearwater section."

Shearwater is extraordinarily responsive to both email and to their subforum.

I think the default setting for current versions of OS X is to only allow downloads of programs from the Apple store or identified developers. If you go the the Security and Privacy panel in System Preferences, you can check the box to allow apps downloaded from Anywhere. I would return it to the default setting after you've finished, just to minimize the chance of downloading some malware by accident.

I'm literally computer illiterate. Lol I can check what it says again when I get home. I don't know anything about the computer except that it's a apple air laptop

Then follow JAX instructions. Shearwater is very responsive.

Guys I got the desk top installed thanks to you. Now the issue is I went to install v59. When I did that my computer said "there is no application set to open the document predator v59. Then it says search the App Store for an application that can open this document or choose an existing application on your computer.
So obviously I want to choose existing but I don't know computers and I don't know what to choose. Help!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom