Oceanic Datamax 2.0 Strange Error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello all,
Wondering if someone can assist me with an error that came up on our last dive trip. Backstory is the fiance and I have been diving for a while and found a good deal on some used equipment for some oceanic dive vests, identical pair of Datamax Pro 2.0 computers and misc other stuff. I put new batteries in both computers and kept a spare around and everything seemed to work well. Regardless, I did drop them off at the local dive shop to be serviced 1.5 months in advance, little did I know that they were just sitting on a counter and no matter how many times I checked they were still not done the night before my flight, but that is another story.

We dove in a few Florida springs with this equipment and had no issues. One of the springs we dove to 80' with no issues.

Our next trip we dove in mexico and after our initial descent with fresh tanks my fiance's computer screen flashed the countdown then would only display a single H. I tried multiple times while on the bottom to restart the unit and it would only countdown and show an H, or a C I believe. My computer worked like a charm. This dive was only a 40-50 foot dive.

Does anyone know what an H or C error is on an Oceanic Datamax? The only difference between our units is she had a quick connect and I did not. The unit did work in the boat and on the initial descent, it was shortly after that it stopped working. I checked the manual and there is no listing of these error codes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom