Aeris 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Greetings all--

I'm looking at getting an Aeris 2 computer. Did a search in this forum and saw some people planning on getting one, but didn't see any posts by anyone who actually uses one. Any comments by users? It looks like a good display, good features, great price. Any "voice of experience" negatives?

Thanks in advance---fg

Been using them for years, and we use them for all our rentals... Don't feel you can beat it for large display, ease of use, user changable batteries, audible alarms, lots of things you can set - and great warranty... Oh, and did I mention, right now they're cheap??

scubatoys:
Been using them for years, and we use them for all our rentals... Don't feel you can beat it for large display, ease of use, user changable batteries, audible alarms, lots of things you can set - and great warranty... Oh, and did I mention, right now they're cheap??

Was hoping to hear that! Thanks much---fg

I met a friend who had the aeris 2 and he loved it. But I was interested in the Aeris Elite. However, I didn't know how the hose-less adaptor works. How is connected to the cylinder and then to the watch. I apologize for my ingnorance in advance.

scubaknight:
I met a friend who had the aeris 2 and he loved it. But I was interested in the Aeris Elite. However, I didn't know how the hose-less adaptor works. How is connected to the cylinder and then to the watch. I apologize for my ingnorance in advance.
Radio transmitter screws into the 1st stage and transmits pressure reading to wrist unit.

Kool.. How reliable is that. Haven't heard any reviews on it.

fg, my wife and I use the Atmos2 for recreational NDL diving. They have been very reliable, easy to read and understand. If you dive hard, it will need a new battery every 9-12 months. Also, the algorithm seems to yield more available bottom time than the Suunto family.

The only complaints have been that the audible alarm is very faint, and the excess ascent rate alarm will activate at the drop of a hat.

We'd buy them again.

All the best, James

I just got my new Atmos2 in and this weekend will be my first dive with it. I've played with it about all I can above water so far.

It to me was the best choice when wanting a fair amount of features by still being a reasonable price.

I'll see if it is as easy to use and read underwater with 3mm gloves on as I hope it will be!! (Will be in Lake Michigan)

Jeff

fdog:
fg, my wife and I use the Atmos2 for recreational NDL diving. They have been very reliable, easy to read and understand. If you dive hard, it will need a new battery every 9-12 months. Also, the algorithm seems to yield more available bottom time than the Suunto family.

The only complaints have been that the audible alarm is very faint, and the excess ascent rate alarm will activate at the drop of a hat.

We'd buy them again.

All the best, James
Thanks, fdog. If it works in Reno, it must be ok!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom