Suunto authorized dealers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aussie Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know which online retailers (worldwide) are Suunto authorized dealers? I'm looking to buy a Vyper, but they're to bloody expensive here in Australia. Thanks!

Aussie Diver:
Does anyone know which online retailers (worldwide) are Suunto authorized dealers? I'm looking to buy a Vyper, but they're to bloody expensive here in Australia. Thanks!

How much does it cost there?

Hi
I know the Vyper at Pro dive Brisbane goes for $1995 then they discount it down...I was in Tokyo last month and the Vyper is on sale everywhere. I remember reading Suuto is coming out with something new soon.

It's about 50,000 yen now. I'm glad i did buy it in tokyo cuz i was banging on singapore being cheaper as i did a stop over. It was more expensive in Singapore but Brisbane was over the roof when i saw it in pro dive.

SUUNTO contract with its dealers prohibits online sales.

What price were you quoted in Singapore for the Vyper?

I can surely say it's MUCH lesser than A$1995 and lesser than 50000 yen.

In fact, after converting the yen to SGD, it's about the price of a Vytec without transmitter.

Ah, there is the rub. They sell it cheap true. But you are buying grey market without warranty from factory. I once worked for a major Japaneese Electronic firm as a department manager. One of my responsibilities was warranty replacement. We often had the grey market issue. If you buy a product in Japan for example and then bring it to the US, our attorney advised us, no warranty, product was not made for US market. So we were not allowed to honor the warranty.

I can't say what SUUNTO would do, but there it is.

Back
Top Bottom