Request: info/opinions on Tusa & Tusa Sapience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

allanp

Reaction score
The vibrating alert of the Tusa IQ-800 DC-Sapience is facinating me. What I don't know if I want is the rest of the computer. How are Tusa computers? Has anyone dove with this new model?

~allan

well, i cann't say anything about the new line but i have been diving the tusa iq-300 since i started diving (1997) and i haven't had the first problem with it at all. it has always been a reliable piece of equipment as well as the rest of my gear which is all tusa , i guess you can say i am a loyal tusa fan !

I own this IQ-800 for half a year and around 20 logs, I really love the way it vibrate me instead of alarm. (even with the 5mm wetsuit) and the other function is easy to understand and work.

I've used both the IQ-700 and the IQ-800 here in Okinawa and I am a big fan of them both. The vibrating alert is great as it's noticable and doesn't bug other divers. And I am currently using the IQ-700 as my regular dive computer. I have no problems with it at all, and it allows gas-switching during the dive, which the IQ-800 doesn't offer.

I've been diving with one for over a year now - 60+ dives and have had no problems. I love the large numbers and the information is presented so you can easily understand it. Buttons are easy to use and it is simple to program and retreive information from. Some folks don't like the shape (because it is different) - but the low profile is great in preventing inadvertant bumps.

I like the large display, a kind nod to my diminishing eyesight.

I've found the vibrating alarm is noticeable through the sleeve of every suit I've worn since its purchase, 3ml and 7ml wetsuits, and a drysuit.

Steve

I have a Tusa IQ-800 (and a Suunto Cobra and others). I like the vibrating feature because I am hard-of-hearing at 2000 Hz and above. I can't hear most electronic alarms because they are too-high frequency; so, the Tusa IQ-800 is great in this respect. Like the large display; and, even if I can't read this large display I have the vibrating alarm. Another alternative computer is the Mares DiveMate. It doesn't vibrate; but, it talks to you. You can ware it on your dive mask strap such that the computer's speaker is next to your ear. It gives you your depth, no deco time and a warning if you ascend too fast. Again, great if you can't see your gages or read the display. Mark

Got mine since November 2005, 20 dives on it. Love the big numbers. The best feature is the vibrating alarm. Diving with a group, I observed many divers check their computers once someone's alarm went off.

The manual could be better, should be more detailed; the saving grace is that the computer itself is easy to operate.

Works great for me.

Oh, just to update some down thing about the IQ-800. the sensor of the dive mode is easy to confused by the water leave inside so its stay at below water mode till you blow those water out. otherwise its excellent to dive with.

I have one as well and love it very much !! Slim and smart looking, easy to read with the large screen and friendly user.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom