Need help with Suunto ML dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe that battery changes for Suunto computers need to be handled by Suunto.

Not all Suunto computers, some can be replaced by the user. You need to go to the Suunto website and see if you can change it yourself. I know the Vyper and the Mosequito have user replaceable batteries.

yes the black top unscrews anti clock wise it is hard so use a vice and grip do not tighten it in the vice just ebough to hold it ... there are two batteries inside .... I have the link to the manual at work I will send it thro to you.

be careful you should send it to suuto for checking really

Update: using a home-made wooden jig to hold the body in place without harming it and using a strap-wrench to loosen the "lid" I was able to open the little sucker. Once the lid is off, remove the small piece of foam beside the display to reach the batteries, or you may also remove the 4 screws that hold the display in place for better access. Takes two 1.5V #357 watch-type batteries available at most specialty electronics stores for around $1.50us/each.

*Notes: prior to removing the lid, mark alignment points on both the case and the lid for proper tightening when finished, and don't forget to smear a bit of silicone grease around the o-ring prior to reinstalling the lid for a good seat without binding the o-ring.

Attachments

• step_01.jpg
    step_01.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 173
  • step_02.jpg
    step_02.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 165
  • step_03.jpg
    step_03.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 176
I have a manual somewhere, unfortunately all my books are in transit. If you haven't found one in a month or so, PM me to remind me.

This link may help you a little until you find one.

Just wanted to say thanks for the info in this posting. I bought my sme-ml in 1991 and could no longer find anyone to service it for me. Now thanks to you guys it has new batteries and will be back in the atlantic off Portugal come october. Thanks again.
Cheers,
Alan C.

Anyone know where I can obtain a manual or further info on this model? Also, how do you change the d@#*ed battery?!

Attachments

• sme_manual.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 123

Back
Top Bottom