Suunto D9 - Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

#1 reason...Price! I dont like digital compass but it would be a good back up I guess. If I had the $$ Id get a stinger, AND a another Vyper instead of that. just cause I dont need a wireless spg, and 3 gases.

Yeah...Its going to be expensive. Asked about it in Europe and its probably going too have a RRP of probably 1500 Euro with the wireless air. 1000 Euro without. At that price the Oceanic Atom is a better bet.

Cheers,
Mark.

hoosier:
I am curious about what reason you are talking? ? ?

Wireless AI makes me antsy and I would have analog pressure gauges as back up. Not like it would double the price, but it's alot more stuff.

If I'm going to be switching between gases, I figure I'ma know exactly how much gas I'll likely use out of each tank at each depth, having figured out all the stop times and comsumptions before the dive. So not only will the deco algorithyms be a sort of novel backup, so will the extra hundreds of dollars of transmitters.

I don't really navigate by direction or degree heading... I navigate by which way the needle points, so I NEED a standard compass.

Oh, yeah. Price.

If I'ma be spending that much money... it's going to be on a trip to Bonaire.

I have seen and played with one there not bad. Price is going to be the big thing.About $2000.cdn not shure if it going to a hit they are only bring about 15 into CDN. From what i here 8 are sold. I will be going out with one sometime in the next 2 weeks i'll let you know what i think of it.

I will definitely be getting one as I love my current ti Stinger very much! I have had it since it was released in the UK but it is now time for a new one and with all the added features it's fantastic.

As for the electronic compass - I think there would probably be many people that would argue the point but I would trust it as much as a analogue one. Warships use them and then have analogue compasses as backups! From what I have read they are spot on and very hard wearing and do not get influenced so much by external factors.

I would probably still keep my analogue guages for another few years to come as it's never a bad thing to have 2 of anything! Except maybe wives - they tend not to like that sort of thing :wink:

O, BTW, I spoke to the Suunto dirtibutor in the UK and he quoted £750 without transmitter and £1099 with transmitter available in 3 weeks from today (in the UK that is).

Back
Top Bottom