I need a new dive watch...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tachyon

Reaction score
After 25 years, my Seiko Dive 100m watch has died and the quote to replace the bracelet, clean and repair the watch is more than many new watches.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a replacement? Seiko's watch in the same line is a possibility, but I'm open to other suggestions.

tachyon

Citizen Hyper Aqualand. Wife got me one for Xmas last year. Works great and is handy for pulling dive log info off of at the site.

I just bought a: Luminox Original Navy Seal Diver Series 3001 Mens Watch - Black Dial - from Jomashop.com... haven't gotten it yet though.

travelmadness:
I just bought a: Luminox Original Navy Seal Diver Series 3001 Mens Watch - Black Dial - from Jomashop.com... haven't gotten it yet though.
These are nice watches. They glow very strong in the dark :D
I have one but am waiting for them to come out with an automatic movement on the dive watches before I'll get me another one.

aquaoren:
These are nice watches. They glow very strong in the dark :D
I have one but am waiting for them to come out with an automatic movement on the dive watches before I'll get me another one.

Why automatic? Will they be coming out with an automatic version?

Citizen makes some great watches. I have the Eco-drive with the depth guage. Never needs batteries since it is solar powered. It is a backup to my computer. :wink:

Love my automatic Seiko! Very legible. Rubber strap is long enough for 7mm wetsuit and gloves. I like a bezel with the RED 0-20 minute zone; makes it even clearer in diminishing conditions (or aging eyes!).

++ Peter

I've got an automatic Omega... but I actually wanted a quartz movement, rugged dive watch, so the Luminox is perfect.

I bought a Citizen pro-master as a temporary watch while my explorer ll was being repaired. I thought it could be a backup depth gage and timing device for my computer....

I was wrong, It's a nice watch but it seems to go out of "dive mode" by itself after about a half hour.. once it goes out of dive mode you can not put it back underwater.

I think the aqua-land or hyper aqua-land are better choices. My bro has an aqua-land and that automatically goes into dive mode when he splashes in and stays that way as long as he is under.... Still they are pretty watches...

Back
Top Bottom