Aeris Atmos 2 vs Atmos Pro/300g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryanm

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone shed any light on the Aeris Atmos 2? I keep seeing them on LeisurePro and Ebay and although they look very similar to the Atmos Pro and 300G, I can find NO information on it anywhere.

Are they an older model?
Any pros/cons to it vs the Atmos Pro?

I really like the layout of the console on the Atmos 2, it has all three guages on one side of the console, where most of the Atmos Pro consoles have the pressure guage on the back. I would hate to be flipping the console over all the time to see the pressure. So that makes me lean towards the 300 G, but it's much more money than the Atmos Pro and Atmos 2, which are very similar in price.

Any responses are appreciated..

I dive with the Atmos Pro Nav Con and love it. The pressure gauge is on the back of the console but that really hasn't been a problem for me. It's pretty easy to turn it over. I like having the compass on the front because I do a lot of navigation and like having it right there.

Scott

I own the Atmos two but the I have the wrist model. It is air/nitrox and is one of the most user friendly computers I have used. It also has very large characters and the buttons are easy to find even with 3mm gloves. I would recommend to anyone who plans on doing recreational and technical nitrox. It has built in deco also and gives your stop depth and time at that stop. If you plan on any mixed gases (trimix/heliox/heliair/etc) then you need a different computer. But for most of us this is all we will ever need.

Yoda

Originally posted by Yoda
I own the Atmos two but the I have the wrist model. It is air/nitrox and is one of the most user friendly computers I have used. It also has very large characters and the buttons are easy to find even with 3mm gloves. I would recommend to anyone who plans on doing recreational and technical nitrox. It has built in deco also and gives your stop depth and time at that stop. If you plan on any mixed gases (trimix/heliox/heliair/etc) then you need a different computer. But for most of us this is all we will ever need.

Yoda

Have you had any experience with other computers with respect to user friendliness? Like maybe any Suunto's?

What about it makes it user friendly to you?
:rolleyes:

Understand that I am a serious newbie, but I got the Atmos2 and used it this past weekend for the first time and really like it. I got the model with the dive knife integrated into the boot.

It's good for me because everything I need I can see at the same time including depth, compass, and air.

Just my opinion!

Rachel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom