Uwatec Aladin Ultra Pro VS Uwatec Smart Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBARACER

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about these computers, I am about to buy one of these, and I have no idea which one cause , they look like they do almost all the same thing, but the Smart Pro is infrared, Ultra isn't.

My main conern is does the Smart Pro Do EVERYTHING the Aladin Ultra Pro does and more? Or does the Ultra Pro have some options the Smart Pro does not?

the price difference is 40 dollars...which one, oh which one?

Check out Uwatec's site and compare their specs. From what I see the main differences are that the Pro Ultra does Nitrox to 40% in 2% increments whereas the Smart does to 100%. The smart pro also seems to have an extra level you can set for microbubbles depending on how conservatively you wish to dive. For a $40 difference I would probably go for the Smart (in ther UK they seem to have a price difference of more than £100).

Uwatecs website is http://www.uwatec.com

Hope this helps

Get the Smart Pro... it's named that for more than one reason. Main reason is because you're smart to buy it and save $250 by not having to buy a data mouse to go with it... It's a nice computer and I probably would have gotten it if they would have been available sooner.

Hi - I have just purchased 2 smart pros and delved rather deeply into the differences between the ultra and smart before my purchase. The major difference between the smart and ultra are as follows:

1 Infrared technology (no wires)
2 Smart has 100 hours of logged diving ouput which is more than the ultra
3 Smart logs 99 dives which is more than the ultra
4 Smart utilises bubble suppression technology

Minor differences which are more advanced in the smart are as follows:

1 Elastic wrist strap (great idea - it really works well)
2 Replaceable screen if it gets scratched
3 larger screen face
4 Internal light
5 Larger digits

Remember these are only minor. The BIG difference is bubble supression technology based on the water's temperature. This can be switched off if you don't like it. The chip in the smart is also a completely new design, whilst the ultra still uses the same chip as the older aladin pro computers.

The difference in price between the smart and ultra is minimal if you include the memo mouse if you buy the ultra. The smart also has the ability to be flashed to take into account adjustments to the program that UWATEC are bound to develop at some stage.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Safe diving Iain

It is a champion computer I just bought one for my wife and she is in love with it after only 10 dives.

Might have to upgrade my Uwatec AirX Nirox, anyone in the market for a used AirX Nitrox ??

Cheers
Chris

Sydney_Diver:
It is a champion computer I just bought one for my wife and she is in love with it after only 10 dives.

Might have to upgrade my Uwatec AirX Nirox, anyone in the market for a used AirX Nitrox ??

Cheers
Chris

Is it the 1995 model? If so there is a trade in program due the the recall: The recall notice is on their web site See "Undercurrent Online":

http://www.undercurrent.org/members/UCnow/issues/y2003/UC0403/Aladin200304.pdf

for the detailed history of this multi-year escapade!

What is the year model and how much do you want for it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom