I got my Aeris Elite today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toadie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sorry... I'm giddy... I just had to tell someone... now I have to go read my manual and plan some virtual dives :07:

It is sir.... but I have a newbie question.

I'm going through the settings...

What's the purpose of turning the pressure alarm on? Arent' you only really concerned with ending pressure?

Oh... and how do you turn the damn thing off? I just can't seem to find that anywhere in the manual.

You are soooo going to love your Aeris Elite. I think it's pretty darn cool because it tracks so much....

The Elite turns off after like 2 hours of non-usage. Also, after you go dive, finished washing all your gear -> you'll notice the computer goes into a count down to fly time mode. You'll see just the words "Fly" and a time remaining.

The Elite is actually pretty durable. Took a tumble in the surf on a shore dive and got rolled around in the sand. I was really worried b/c one of the buttons was sticky with sand. I just washed it in cool, fresh water + very, very gently tapped each side. Got all the sand out and no problems!

Have fun and read the manual a couple of times! Make sure your back light works too. My dive buddy has the Elite and his backlight wasn't working, straight out of the box.

Think of the air pressure alarm as a turn around point, e.g. setting it to 2000 psi so you can turn back with 2/3s of a tank of gas to get back to the boat. Or, just look at the gauge :wink:

Toadie:
It is sir.... but I have a newbie question.

I'm going through the settings...

What's the purpose of turning the pressure alarm on? Arent' you only really concerned with ending pressure?

Oh... and how do you turn the damn thing off? I just can't seem to find that anywhere in the manual.

It turns off when it's DAMN WELL READY!! Seriously, the Aeris Atmos II shuts down in 90 minutes on non-use I believe, but maybe it's 120.

IMO you need to READ the manual, then do some simulation dives, then read it again. Then in a month when you have forgot some of the stuff READ it again...

I love the Atmos II, and the Elite would be even more better with air.....

Ron

Ok, so I've been reading my manual (twice :wink: ) and I've done some practice dives.

It is true that the thing shuts off when it's damn good and ready... I figured out the pressure alarm as well and you're right Floppy.

So I'm diving (here in my living room) and I've got the unit set to air at 3000 simulated psi. I dive down to about 35 ft, ascend when my dive time hits 0 (which is correct based on the manual) However, when I ascend my alarm goes off.... but my ascend rate is correct... worse case scenario the marker goes into the first yellow mark.

Any thoughts?

Just used mine for the first time at the Catalina dive park in Cakifornia. I really like it. (thanks larry) Easy to read and easy to use. Lots of features. I was VERY concerned with signal strength but now I am not. That thing didn't cut out once and I tried to make it cut out by moving it and putting it under my body etc...but it kept working! Very pleased! It seems to be reliable thus far. Question...Do you folks keep the receiver thingy (lol) on the reg set when storing your gear? I do worry that I will crush that one of these days on a trip.

Just a note...glad I didn't cut the long strap as it fits perfectly while using my dry suit with thick undies! Also, I do wish it would save starting and ending psi in the log on the actual wrist unit without having to download to my home computer. Now I am getting picky!!

You did good buying it from Larry. I started puting mine in a reg bag and keeping it out of my big gear bag. I used the download cable and software lastnight, finally got it right after many tries, it has a log and all kinds of cool options. I really like the GRAPH option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom