Sherwood Wisdom goes TU

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdsd

Contributor
Reaction score
What are folks experience with the wisdom over a few years of use?

Mine just went haywire at depth. All functions but pressure were erroneous. It finally died later that day. Sent it in for repair. Bought it in April 2004.

Interested in general reliability history. I have heard of a few others in this locale going back for repair. Generally, my experience is that it is an excellent piece of equipment (hardware and software) until this event. :06:

Sherwood Wisdom generally is a good rec computer, but...

Have the LDS you bought it from send it in to Sherwood. From what I understand, Sherwood is just exchanging them for new ones. Hmmmm...Sherwood already has a standard practice for dealing with this...

I bought 2 back in July of 03.

One started give erroneous air pressure readings about 2 months after purchase. Sherwood just swapped out.

The second one flodded at depth due to o-ring failure. Again Sherwood swapped out.

On a live-aboard I had one of the new replacement fail at depth. Lucky for me it was my last dive of the last day.

Needless to say I do not dive with Sherwood Wisdom any more.

Sherwood has great warrenty service. I just feel that I had to use them too much. Each computer had less then 30 dives on each prior to failing.

I had about 85 dives on my first Wisdom (serial number eight hundred and something) when everything except the SPG reading failed, and it shut it self off after the dive as well. Sherwood replaced it no questions asked with a new one (serial number 3000 something).

This computer then went over 150 dives before it developed a 325 psi error in the SPG (read 325 psi when disconnected and at ambient pressure). Sherwood again replaced this with a new one (serial number 6000 something). This one also came with a quick disconnect which my old one did not have. So far I have 28 dives on Wisdom number 3.

Sherwood appears to give a new warranty with each replacement computer so I am going on year 4 and essentially still have a new computer.

The Wisdom is arguably a good argument for contingency planning while computer diving, but in my experience the successive computers have so far been increasingly reliable. And the customer service has been superb with no hassle, in shop, on the spot replacement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom