Aeris Software Users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid

私は寿司およびアジア女性を食べるã
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, I just experienced the overwriting of all my dive information when down loading my latest dives. This is not right, how can the sell you a download cable for $100 bucks anf the software is NFG. Any work arounds for this? I'm using the Atmos 2.
I know I have heard some compaints about this here at SB, so I think we need to get together and put some pressure on Aeris to bring their software into the 21st century.
Oh yah, it's Microsoft Access, I guess it's all gated up.
Ok, end of rant, I'm ok now, but any similar experiences please share.
David

yikes, that sucks... sorry

i don't download stuff, just write it by hand into my logbook

Well if their backup utility works, I have all the data, plus the data is still on the 'puter.
If I can only figure out how to restore from the backups, I may not lose the old data with manual info added.

Ok, the data is there, it is hidden. Here is what I am writting to Aeris.

computersupport@diveaeris.com

I just down loaded my latest dive info and it looked like it lost all previous dive info, but it didn't.
The data was downloaded to the same dive computer info with a different serial number.
The first downloads went to s/n 7350, the second download went to s/n 0.
Anyway to merge into one s/n?
Also the backup file won't launch as it says it is missing System.mdw file.
Any help is appreciated. I have spoken to others who have experienced similar problems, is there a future software release that is more robust and user friendly?
Regards,
David

dlndavid:
Ok, the data is there, it is hidden. Here is what I am writting to Aeris.

The first downloads went to s/n 7350, the second download went to s/n 0.
Anyway to merge into one s/n?

David, I had a similar problem recently on a download where a non-existing serial number appeared. The result was that the software thought I had two computers, each with logged dives. The workaround I used was to use Microsoft Access to modify the Aeris database directly. I replaced the incorrect s/n in the database with the correct one, and that seems to have worked. I then used the Aeris software to update the dives to reflect the correct dive number.

One note -- Aeris uses an old Access format ('97, I think), so you may have to convert the database to a current version (if yours is later than '97), do the changes, then convert back to '97.

-- Dave

That must be the only bug I have yet to encounter with their software. They did reply to my e-mail saying a solution is in the works.

This software is really, really terrible! Does anyone know of some third party software? Is there anything we can do to get Aeris to make it better?

Frustrating.....

Back
Top Bottom