dive watch...which one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

walter scott

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking at the navy seals watches and was wondering if the colors make a big difference under water?
These watches should be a good all around watch....what do you think?

Well remember that the face glows in the dark, so regardless of color, you can still read it in low/no light conditions.

I like almost any model of the G Shock. It wont break the bank and works fine.

Luminox (Seals) or St. Moritz are good all purpose watches. Moderately priced.

Whichever you purchase, if it has a two piece band, I would recommend replacing it with a one piece band, that way if you accidentally lose a pin, you won't lose your watch.

I've got a citizen dive watch, an older model that doesn't have any digital read-outs. I noticed recently that the depth gauge is a full 10 feet off of my dive computer (thankfully 10 feet more shallow). I doubt I'll use it for diving anymore. I would prefer a g-shock or something with a countdown timer that also has an audible alarm for my safety stops.

The best watch I've found for underwater use is an inexpensive Timex Ironman. Good to 200 meters (or so they say - mine has only been to 100 meters or so), backlit, lap timers, countdown timers, digital display, durable, etc. The buttons are sometimes a problem with cold fingers in drysuit gloves but the watch has taken a licking and is still ticking. $50.00 from Timex but I bought mine for about $30 from my local drugstore.

Topside I switch to a Tag Heuer to impress folks but function comes first underwater. :wink:

I got a Luminox wtih the yellow face for Christmas and I love it. The yellow backround makes it very easy to see, even in low light situations and in the dark the glowing parts are so bright they could almost be a night lite.

Rolex - There is no substitute --- Unless you can find a mint condition Doxa w/ orange face...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom