Cheapest Oceanic Atom 1.0 w/transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nratanachai

Registered
Reaction score
I just found that the price of Oceanic Atom 1.0 w/transmitter just went up from $650 to $675 at Leisurepro, :11:

Now, I just wanna know where to get the Cheapest Oceanic Atom 1.0 w/transmitter?

Thanx.

I purchased my atom at LP before realized the whole "authorized dealer no warranty" thing. But, if I have problems I will return to LP until the 2 years are up.

Contact Larry at scubatoys and he will hook you up. I don't think you'll get a better deal from an auth'd dealer out there. I think he'll even meet LP's price.

Good luck. I'm liking mine (took a little getting used to)

nratanachai:
I just found that the price of Oceanic Atom 1.0 w/transmitter just went up from $650 to $675 at Leisurepro, :11:

Now, I just wanna know where to get the Cheapest Oceanic Atom 1.0 w/transmitter?

Thanx.

I bought the Atom without the transmitters, I use the Aeris Atmos Elite Transmitters and they work fine. I got 2 of them for $399.00 and thats what they wanted for one of the Atom transmitters. I got my Atom when it first came out though, They had not raised the price on the Aeris Atmos Elite Transmitters yet. I think they did'nt think of the price difference clicking with people. They wanted $449.00 for the Atom transmitter and $199.00 for the Aeris Atmos Elite Transmitters (same thing) Some one getting screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to know If you ever had any problems with the computer losing the link under water. I had mine showing a link at the start of the dive and then for the reat of the dive it was lost. Is there a special way to mount the transmitter? thanks

nratanachai:

PM Larry (Scubatoys). I’m sure he can help you out; Scuba Toys is now an authorized Oceanic dealer AND they sell online.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Scuba_Nitrox_Computers.asp

Larry is obligated to show the MSRP ($899.50 for Atom with transmitter) on his website but if you ask nicely, I’m sure you can work out some kind of a deal—maybe he’ll match LeisurePro’s price. Don’t forget to ask for the 10% ScubaBoard discount.

drtheo:
Just wanted to know If you ever had any problems with the computer losing the link under water. I had mine showing a link at the start of the dive and then for the reat of the dive it was lost. Is there a special way to mount the transmitter? thanks

Have had various problems with the Atom but have never encountered the “lost link” problem. Is your transmitter mounted on the same side as your Atom-wearing arm?

Hey, not to rain on your parade, but I'm leery of the transmitters that come with htese types of computers. I love dive gadgets - and the premise sounds great - a wireless 3-mixture nitrox-capable little wrist 'puter.
So if you use this thing wirelessly, is it easily switchable manually without the transmitters? My wife has an earlier Oceanic computer that she can never remember how to set the nitrox % - it's not very intuitive.
I have seen the wireless units work flawlessly, but there have been more than a few dives where someone was left sitting in the boat because their unit would not sync.
The idea of one less hose is great, but the sending units always seem to start acting up in direct proportion to the distance from the nearest repair facility.
Plus if you're doing a 3-gas nitrox dive - something like 28%, 50% and then 100%, that's three transmitters you have to trust your life to.
Absolute, unfailing reliability is pretty important to me so I put up with an HP hose.
Just a wrist-mount computer though, the Atom looks pretty cool. It's got a 152-page user manual though - that would take a week to get through.
I've bought stuff from Leisurepro, but something like this with a factory warranty that I'd want in place - this I'd get from an authorized dealer.

Now the next 10,000 posts will be from people who have each used a wireless computer for a minmum of 20,000 dives and never had a problem. Which is great for them, but the people I've seen sweating on a rolling boat trying to get their system up might not agree.

Actually, my experience with the Atom is that it will not show pressure on teh surface, only once underwter a meter or more, but maybe I am missing something.

I have an old transmitter and that's why I use it when diving singles. However, I have an SPG as well. I only use the transmitter to have a look at my SAC rate, although the software is rpetty weak and you have to go the one more step of calculation to actually get your rate...(RMV)

drtheo:

I lose the link, but not for long (15 secs maybe). I need to switch computer to right wrist. Then I should be fine. I should have done this before as leaving the left hand free to work LP inflator makes much more sense.

Tom Winters:
Just a wrist-mount computer though, the Atom looks pretty cool. It's got a 152-page user manual though - that would take a week to get through.

The Atom manual does have 152 pages—that’s including both sides of the cover. Bear in mind that the manual is actually a small booklet that measures only 4" x 4.9". It took me about 30 minutes to read carefully.

I have never had any problems with the transmitter, but I think Tom’s concern about reliability is a valid point. I always have a back up SPG attached to my first stage, in addition to the wireless transmitter.

Back
Top Bottom