Help please guys... Who else bought their D9 from divetank??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitro

Reaction score
How much did you pay and did you buy a new model or an ex demo unit. Was the new model 2005 or 25.09.04. Have you had any problems with the new 2005 model ie. resetting or loosing your dive logs etc. or just a blank screen. Any info would be greatly apreciated. Also should suunto repair this or should it be replace under their warranty?

Nitro:

Hi Nitro,

You might want to give this one a day or so to percolate to the folks that might have an answer to your question...Its a fairly narrow question (question about having bought a particular item from a particular place...)...

In general, if you've bought the item recently, and it isn't functioning properly, I'd take it back...I'd rather know my stuff at least has functioned properly at one time than to always question whether it will work on a dive...

That being said, I wear a Vytec as my primary comp, and a vyper as my backup... :)

Good Luck!

Sean

Nitro,

No defense!
What do you want to know exactly? You seem to ask some other questions except the price and log feature problem? What is it? Please open up your question in public.

If you think something wrong with your new unit, please contact Rick. He is the only person who can fix your problem. And, if you experience any troubles with Divetank, please let us know how it goes. Most members here used to have the buying experience rather than the service experience.

Happy Easter!

Ok I'll narrow it down a little. Firstly I have read about many members buying from rick.. So first of all i want to know how much they paid and did they buy new or used units?? I have already taken up my issue with him and he seems to be sorting out the problem so that fine. I asked for a new unit but it seems he wants to charge me more than others said they have paid in the previous D9 thread. Hope this helps to clear up my line of questioning. As far as warranty and replacement goes I will keep you posted, so I assume no one else has D9 issues then or none of the people that bought one from DT have read my thread. Thanks for the responses anyway

Further to scubaseans question, I would never attemp to dive with this unit is defective in every way possible. It's unuseable it resets non stop and it's not as simple as waltsing into divetank and saying hey how about another one please when I live 30 000kms away. I would like to know how much I should be paying retail for a brand new one as the unit i bought was exdemo and is faulty. Now divetanks services are fine but I think the price he is asking for a new one as I don't just want the exdemo repaired i want a new one as I'm sure anyone could understand. What do you think I should do ?? I have heard memebers or rather read that memebers have said they paid $XXXX for a new D9 complete with transmitter etc. These are the kinds of answers I'm looking for
I'm not looking for help that divetank should be giving me. The other thing is I'm conciderign a second D9 as my backup computer so I need to know if anyone else has had these kind of issues. Rick said they have sold 100's and never had a problem like this must just be my back luck then hey...

So, where are you located in?

Did you solve the issue by Rick?

Nitro:
Further to scubaseans question, I would never attemp to dive with this unit is defective in every way possible. It's unuseable it resets non stop and it's not as simple as waltsing into divetank and saying hey how about another one please when I live 30 000kms away. .

Hey hoosier. I have had to send the unit back to suunto in canada for replacement and decided to pay an extra amount to get the new 2005 model D9. So at the moment I'm waiting for their new stock to arrive. The guys over there are helpfull and the problem is solved but I still have to wait for a new computer that I have paid for and can not use. Not divetanks fault of course. Either way I would be without a computer for 2 weeks as it takes 6 days to get there and 6 days or more to be sent another.

I paid $999.99 for my Suunto D9 with Transmitter but had to wait a heck of a long time for it because of the recall. Negotiated to the final price as compensation for waiting.

Are you serious? You negotiated and got the price, $999.99. It was a great deal.
I have also waited a heck of a long time. But, no price change was made. Richard seems to have the different price to different people. His price on D9 has been on issue this board.

So, it was a true fact: Check out this thread what they said......
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=73615&highlight=Suunto+D9

RSdiver:
I paid $999.99 for my Suunto D9 with Transmitter but had to wait a heck of a long time for it because of the recall. Negotiated to the final price as compensation for waiting.

Back
Top Bottom