More comments on Suunto Mosquito.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Restart

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi to all,

May like to listen to more comments on the Suunto Mosquito, is it a good rated dive-computer to invest in? And how many years, it has on warranty?

Thks in advance...... Happy Diving :eyebrow:

4 year warranty.

I wear mine as a watch too.

Mosquito #1. I washed my hands it beeps changes to dive mode and drops down to 74 feet. It stays there. I had this one abot a year.

Mosquito #2. Its second dive. I was in 56*F water. I come up to the surface. It stays at 10 feet.

Mosquito #3. I go diving with it attached to my wrist. Maybe it got confused since I left it on my left wrist instead of changing it to my right. It showed I was at the surface even at 40 Ft. The second dive it did just fine. Maybe because it was on my right wrist.

TwoBit

kityip:
Hi to all,

May like to listen to more comments on the Suunto Mosquito, is it a good rated dive-computer to invest in? And how many years, it has on warranty?
I have had a Mosquito for three years. It is an excellent computer to take on tropical trips, because it is small and doubles as a watch, it is Nitrox capable, and it gives you nice conservative profiles for repetitive dives. It is not ideal for tech or murky water diving (as I tend to do at home), because the display is rather small, and it is not designed for deco diving. If most of your diving is in clear waters and you do normally stay within NDL, the Mosquito is a good choice. Mine has given me no trouble whatsoever. It is also nice to be able to change batteries yourself.

On one occasion one of the buttons came undone. Still worked OK...

My Mosquito on its first dives had problems. When I got to the surface it kept ranging all over the place. After that it seemed to work fine, I had it replaced by Suunto just to be on the safe side. The second Mosquito has worked great, no problems.

I normally use it as a backup computer, in warm water on my wrist. In cold water on my inflator hose.

The only bad part about most of the Suuntos that can double as a watch is that they make the straps to short for most mens wrists. You would think with all the complaints they would get a clue on it. The extender strap is a pain to use.

Bob

I was warned to avoid the Mosquito by an instructor. Too many problems.
One dive I was on recently the other guy in my group on surfacing stated that his brand new Mosquito had flooded.

I don't understand this well, as I'm happy with my Stinger and haven't heard any complaints about them failing. Maube a different design team at Suunto, or different subcontractor (if they go this route).

TwoBitTxn:
4 year warranty.

I wear mine as a watch too.

Mosquito #1. I washed my hands it beeps changes to dive mode and drops down to 74 feet. It stays there. I had this one abot a year.

Mosquito #2. Its second dive. I was in 56*F water. I come up to the surface. It stays at 10 feet.

Mosquito #3. I go diving with it attached to my wrist. Maybe it got confused since I left it on my left wrist instead of changing it to my right. It showed I was at the surface even at 40 Ft. The second dive it did just fine. Maybe because it was on my right wrist.

TwoBit

Hi I am new diver. Does it make a difference wearing the dive comp on the left or right wrist?

Thanks

fc_c:
Hi I am new diver. Does it make a difference wearing the dive comp on the left or right wrist?

Thanks

Usually on the right, because the left is on the inflator's buttons......... :eyebrow:

Correct me, if i am wrong?

Cheers.

kityip:
Usually on the right, because the left is on the inflator's buttons......... :eyebrow:

Correct me, if i am wrong?
You mean you have your hand on the inflator for the whole dive?

For me, computer on the left wrist, bottom timer on the right.

Hmm ok then. Just that the earlier post seems to indicate that the dive comp gave different depth reading when wore on different wrist....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom