battery replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robert

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to scuba diving and I just bought some equipment from Leisure Pro. The question I have is the Tusa computer I bought showed up with a nearly dead battery. Can I replace it myself or is there special equipment needed. It doesn't seem like it would be to hard. Thanks in advance.
...robert

I don't know the TUSA computer, but, what does the user manual say? Usually things like battery replacement are covered there, if it is user changeable, there will be full instructions.

Jon T

Just FYI,

If you return the computer to TUSA for a battery replacement, you may not be covered under warrenty. LP is known for selling "gray market" stuff. If you open the comparment and the S/N# is missing, you are not covered.

Eric

Tusa has no such restrictions and Leisure Pro is an authorized dealer for them even if they did. So his warranty is good.

Update to the dead battery. It turns out I was reading the display wrong. On allot of battery powered equipment, the battery symbol shows up with slashed across it to show how full it is. In this case, it always just has one slash in it but you need to look at the bar graph when the battery symbol is shown to get a reading. In hindsite, it is spelled out in the manual. I called the people at leisurepro and they were actually able to get someone who was very knowledgable on the phone straightened me out.
...robert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom