atmos 2 module in atmos 1 console boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halocline

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi;

I have an atmos 1 console, and was hoping to get just the atmos 2 module and pop it in my console. I know I'd have to cut a hole for the side button on the computer, but are there any other reasons why this wouldn't work, like are the modules different sizes or is there something different in the depth sensor placement? Trying to save a few bucks here switching to nitrox....

Thanks, Matt

Matt,

I'm not sure about your question, sorry, but I have a question for you.

Is your Atmos I in the wrist mounted jacket? If so I woulod like to know if you have ever taken it apart or out? I just recently got my Atoms I and although it looks as though the computer is pressed into the watchband type housing I didn't want to force the issue in trying to remove it. Does it come out?

WVDiver:
Matt,

I'm not sure about your question, sorry, but I have a question for you.

Is your Atmos I in the wrist mounted jacket? If so I woulod like to know if you have ever taken it apart or out? I just recently got my Atoms I and although it looks as though the computer is pressed into the watchband type housing I didn't want to force the issue in trying to remove it. Does it come out?

No, mine's in the console boot, but I bet it pops out of the wrist mount too. Since you hijacked my thread, I'm going to hijack it back and ask you a question; Ever dived Summersville Lake? I recently moved to West Virginia (Huntington) and am looking for some semi local diving. Maybe you could send me a PM...
:wink:

Sorry to get back on topic :wink: ... You can pop the computer out of either boot... and the atmos 1 and atmos 2 are the same size, so the hole in the side will be the only concern. But you can also just buy a boot to fit it. The boots by themselves for pressure and atmos 2 computer are only about $25... So I'm not sure if it's worth trying to cut up the old one.

I mounted my Oceanic hockey-puck computer in my Sherwood console. I did have to do a hack job on the side of the console to make sure water had free access to the side contacts, and it ain't pretty... but it works just fine. I can't imagine that there'd be any problem with the pressure sensor, no matter where that was.

Anyway, if you do take Larry up on his offer of selling you a new console boot, another thing you may have to consider is whether the spacer will fit... you know, there's a spacer that keeps the actual hockey-puck from rattling around inside your console. I had to cannibalize a compass boot to make a spacer for mine... but yours would be a direct replacement, Aeris-for-Aeris.

Oh, and if by chance you were to end up with an extra spacer, I could use one... :D

--Marek

Thanks, Larry. I bought the atmos 1 console from you guys; it's worked great. I knew eventually I'd want to get going on nitrox, but I didn't expect it to be less than a year later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom