A Couple SDM2.1.3 Bugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rds4640

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm these bugs:

Surface Time (surface interval):
On the first dive of the day it displays 12:00PM instead of 00:00:00
On the second dive of the day it read something like 12:59PM (maybe it should be 00:59:00?)
Third dive - 12:52PM
Etc.

Average Depth:
This is way off on all dives. Examples - Dive with Max Depth of 68ft it shows Average Depth of 223.1. Max Depth of 82ft it shows Average Depth of 269.0. Etc.

I have the same problem on the average depth. The average depth should be adjusted on the deciaml point. For example, 223.1 ---> 22.31 ft.... Some logs show it right, but other logs doesn't.

I don't think I have any "time issue" yet.

rstark:
Can anyone else confirm these bugs:

Surface Time (surface interval):
On the first dive of the day it displays 12:00PM instead of 00:00:00
On the second dive of the day it read something like 12:59PM (maybe it should be 00:59:00?)
Third dive - 12:52PM
Etc.

Average Depth:
This is way off on all dives. Examples - Dive with Max Depth of 68ft it shows Average Depth of 223.1. Max Depth of 82ft it shows Average Depth of 269.0. Etc.

For dives I've imported from the old DM software, in the profile view, I get a temperature reading of 32 degrees F at every sampling point. I guess I can get my ice diving specialty now???

Another bug is that if you have a single quote in some of the text fields, such as location or dive site, it generates an error. Seems someone isn't pre-parsing their SQL statements. You can get around this by using two single-quotes in a row (which is a SQL escape sequence).

hoosier:
I have the same problem on the average depth. The average depth should be adjusted on the deciaml point. For example, 223.1 ---> 22.31 ft.... Some logs show it right, but other logs doesn't.

I don't think I have any "time issue" yet.

My decimal isn't off, it's just plain wrong.

Hoosier, you don't see your surface interval as a time clock instead of a count up timer? How is it displaying your si?

rstark:

Hoosier, you don't see your surface interval as a time clock instead of a count up timer? How is it displaying your si?

The new depth log format of the Suunto Dive manager isn't logged as normal real value, but one as depth value multiply with 100 or 1000 or even 10000, this depending on the settings of your dive computer. The SDM knows the settings and will display it correctly. It is displayed correctly in your case?

The SI calculate from the dive start/end time/date stamp from the dive computer, which isn't the time between the dives, but the time counted by your computer. And depending on the Windows clock settings, it might be displayed wrongly in the new SDM 2.x. This is indeed a bug.

David Bolowiski
DreamDives
http://www.dreamdives.org

spsc:
The new depth log format of the Suunto Dive manager isn't logged as normal real value, but one as depth value multiply with 100 or 1000 or even 10000, this depending on the settings of your dive computer. The SDM knows the settings and will display it correctly. It is displayed correctly in your case?[/URL]

I don't think I follow you. My max depth and all my depths during the dive are displayed correctly. My Average Depth is not (see above for examples). This is only in 2.x.x I loaded 1.6 and everything displays correctly.

My surface time shows 00:00:00 format. Only problem is average depth display

For example, Max. depth 46.7 ft, Avg depth 153.2 ft Surface interval: 01:17.00
So, I assume avg. depth 15.32 ft........

rstark:

hoosier:
My surface time shows 00:00:00 format.

That's odd. I wonder why I'm getting a clock display in that field? What build of software are you using (it shows on the splash screen when you launch the program). I am using 2.1.3 (build 104).

Another bug is the SAC rate is being calculated incorrectly.

I got a message back from Suunto. 2.1.4 is in beta now and will be available very soon. This is in regards to the SI, Av. Depth and SAC issues.

Back
Top Bottom