suunto eon metric vs imperial

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

storm1fishing

Registered
Reaction score
Please help , I have a suunto eon but it is in imperial. Is it possible to change it over to metric , and if so , how.
Also , what do I need to buy to download my logs onto my laptop.
Thanks guys

Hi Andy , I have the manual in book form as well as pdf file. The manual just states that the eon is available in metric and imperial , but does not explain if it can be set on one or the other. Thanks , I will e mail them direct

storm1fishing:
Hi Andy , I have the manual in book form as well as pdf file. The manual just states that the eon is available in metric and imperial , but does not explain if it can be set on one or the other. Thanks , I will e mail them direct

If the manual states that it is available in metric and imperial, it is my hypothesis (especially as it's an older computer) that the units are not user-switchable.

The Suunto Favor (now discontinued), for example, is not user-switchable between feet & meters.

This is not a categorical statement, but more along the lines of a very strong conjecture.

You may just need to carry a conversion table along with you...

As for downloading to a laptop: You'll need the appropriate data cable (there's a very hot DIY thread on Suunto cables). You also want software. I'm fairly certain that Suunto uses standard RS-232C timings for baud rates, stop bits, and parity bits (if any) for data transmission. The cables may do some voltage level-shifting, as the dive computers typically do not generate sufficient voltages to trigger a RS-232 transition. I believe that you should still be able to buy the cable & software from a Suunto dealer. Beware compatibility issues with software, MS-Windows versions, and serial ports.

hdtran:
If the manual states that it is available in metric and imperial, it is my hypothesis (especially as it's an older computer) that the units are not user-switchable.

unfortunately, this is my feeling as well...

Thanks guys , I bought the eon on e bay and its a real nice computor and works great but i never thought of the possibility of imperial vs metric. Pity , but I'll keep using it. Just have to get used to imperial.
Again , thanks for the feedback

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom