Suunto Mosquito Instructions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a mosquito. I didn't get your question "you'd like to know what you should see on a dive to 80 ft"? well if you are referring to the what you can see on the display. It should give you your no decompression time for that depth on the center box, the depth on center box, the water temperature on the lower left hand corner, the dive time (or the current time) on the lower right hand corner.

OK, here's one tip that I keep forgetting myself:

When the lower-left and lower-right displays are selected at the surface, they become the "default" during the dive.

For example, I generally want to see TEMP on the left and DIVE TIME on the right. If I want to see MAX DEPTH or O2%, I can hit the left button. If I want to know TIME or PO2, I can hit the right button. There was one dive last weekend where TIME was more important than DIVE TIME because I wanted to drop my tank off to be filled before the dive office closed at 8pm. Of course, I then forgot to re-default to DIVE TIME for the next dive!

-Rob

I agree, the mosquito is not hard to use. O would suggest "playing" with it until you are certain of how it will respond. A pool session is good for this, because you have to get below 4 feet before it completely goes into "dive" mode. You can sit on the bottom and safely try to confuse it, resurface, practice checking the log (notise the difference between how it lists DAY of dive(s) and then the individual dive(s) of that day) and then go down again and try the different modes.

As far as I know, there's no way to purposefully or accidentally force the important information off the screen while diving. For instance, I don't think you could get into log mode while it knows you're underwater. The two bottom buttons, left and right, will cause the two small bottom numerical displays to switch between two displays each. I'm not looking at it right now, but it's SOMETHING along the lines of... the left button switches between bottom temperature -or- elapsed dive time, and the right button switches between current time and something else, but DON"T take my word for it. However, it's pretty obvious when you try it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom