Dive-Rite Nitek3 opinions sought...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm about to begin my foray into diving with different gas mixtures (my AdvEAN/Deco class is this weekend). And to support this style of diving, I'm thinking of upgrading my computer to the Dive-Rite Nitek3 or something similar.

So I'd like to hear what current (or past) Nitek3 users have to say.

If you'd like to suggest a different brand/model, please do so, but be sure to provide all details to explain why you're suggesting it.

Oh, and before you light off the flamethrowers, I do totally plan on learning table use for planning and in water use. I don't desire to use the new computer as a "crutch", just as another tool in the tool box to ensure my safety and return to the air breathing surface world.

I played with the Suunto Vytec this weekend and it worked like a charm. I liked the option that it beeps at you to let you know when you are safe to do your gas switch based on your P02 that you have entered. It also flashes your current mix to let you know that it is safe to switch also. Easy to set up and switch mixes. My instructor used the Nitec also and said that he never had any problems with it. I have never tried it so can only pass this info on as it was passed to me.

TTFN:wink:

You might want to look at the VR3 as well marketed by OMS in the States. Pluses of the VR3 over the Nitek 3 are that in comes in various models but you only buy one as the other options are enabled by getting a PIN. You can get up to Trimix CCR.

Also with the VR3 you can add extra mixes under water so if you forget to set it before descending then you can - unlike as I saw with the Nitek 3 last week (the Nitek resets the mixes at midnight) - we had one diver doing a very long deco stop and another with a very upset computer as he did not really know how to use it...

I liked the Nitek, but I like the VR3 better!

Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom