Aeris software - good, bad, or ugly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaliban

Reaction score
jdf:
{snip}The software definitely needs some work because every time you download your dives, it will replace all of them and this takes a while. It is nice to see the actual graphs of your dives and get the different water temps, but it has become too much of a hassle so we just keep regular logbooks. We recommend the dive computer itself though.

Hope this helps,
Janet

Can anybody else share your thoughts/experience with the Aeris download software?
I really prefer to keep a digital log of my dives and if I wonder if the Aeris would drive me nuts with that aspect.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

-k

I had a very bad experience. I bought my 300G and download cable about 4 years ago (2001). It turns out the 300G download software only works on Windows '95 and Windows 3.1. Nowhere was this documented. After a few rounds with Aeris, they said they had no plans on updating the software. I still use my 300G, but the download cable was a $100 mistake.

After reading the other posts on this topic I have no reason to believe things have improved.

abrown203:
I had a very bad experience. I bought my 300G and download cable about 4 years ago (2004). It turns out the 300G download software only works on Windows '95 and Windows 3.1. Nowhere was this documented. After a few rounds with Aeris, they said they had no plans on updating the software. I still use my 300G, but the download cable was a $100 mistake.

After reading the other posts on this topic I have no reason to believe things have improved.

on my windows 2000 machine... I haven't tried it on my XP machine but you can set the .exe to be executed in windows 2000, or 95 emulation, so it might work.

Yeah, it's not great, but it does at least work with the USB cable and my Aeris Elite.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback. This really helped me alot. I'll probably get an Atmos 2 and a sensus pro. Too bad Aeris doesn't get their act together on the software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom