suunto sleep mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhpdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I've dove a Suunto Mosquito for about 20 months. The last few months it has been weirding out on me and going into dive mode on the boat. Shows me at 19 feet before I hit the water. To "fix" the situation I have to pop the back and reset the thing. I have this newly formed theory theory that is is related to my crossing my arms across my chest and confusing the computer.

I purchased the computer from LeisurePro. I called them on Monday to report the problem and the rep asks "Well - how deep was the boat?" :) Anyway - he said here's the RMA - it's covered. That's nice service !

Since it may take a while for that computer to be fixed/replaced, I purchased a new backup. When it arrived today there was a sticky thing on the face saying something like "hit any key to exit sleep mode". It would seem that sleep mode might be a nice thing if you were getting on a flight and you didn't want to take any chances. I see no mention of this mode in the operations manual. How do you engage sleep ?

Thanks

I´ve never read or heard something about a sleep mode . When I bought mine it was off and also turned on as soon as I pressed a button. Maybe it happens if you change or disconnect the battery, haven´t changed mine yet...

Here's the response I got from Suunto...

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Suunto.

Unfortunately you cannot enable the sleep mode on your own.

With Best Regards,

Suunto Helpdesk

wow... that sounds like Suunto.

It's like they think pushing a set of buttons in a certain sequence is too complicated for anybody but their factory techs. :rolleyes:

That said, it's about the only complaint I have about them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom