versa pro vs versa pro 2.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a "Versa Pro", and a "Versa Pro 2".
The VP2 came out more recently than the VP (logically, I guess) :)

As far as the features I use (nitrox computer) they operate in the same way-controls, options, etc. I would guess that there is no major difference, because the guys at the LDS (who are usually very "on the ball") didn't know that there was a VP2 until they got them in stock-Oceanic did not make a big deal out of it.

The only difference I have found, (I have only a few dives on the VP2) is that the VP2 has a "Safety Stop Timer". A "3 minute countdown" appears in the main display as you ascend to 20-15 ft. While this countdown is on, you can still see the other displays by pushing the buttons. [This countdown replaces (IIRC), the "time remaining display" (not sure about that my- last dive was in August, and I don't have the computer here to check.)]
My opinion of this feature is mixed. While it is a good idea to time your safety stop, and if this feature makes it easier- good. However, on a dive where we followed the bottom-max depth 23'- the darn thing would activate every time we came shallower than 20'- not a problem, but an annoyance. Just be aware of what it is, and when it might activate, and it is not a problem.

Perhaps the Oceanic web site would have more info.

Good luck,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom