Vytec SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darrylkuhn

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing a second hand Suunto Vytec with wireless transmitter. I have a quick question or two before I commit though.

Firstly and most importantly the owner reported to me that the Vytec read about 200PSI under another analog SPG that he had. He said that the reading is consistent (i.e. always 200PSI under), and that he does not believe the transmitter is faulty, but rather that different SPGs read differently even on the same tank and this is more or less normal/ok. Is it?

Secondly the Vytec is about 3 years old - have there been any significant changes in the Vytec line since then and now? All the articles I've read praise the Vytec, but they are recent and I want to be sure I'm comparing apples to apples so to speak.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Best Regards,
Darryl Kuhn

For the first question, I'd have to say that a difference of +/- 200psi would suggest an issue with either the Vytec or the analog gauge. The fact that it's consistent would suggest to me that it's simply a baseline calibration issue...

For the second one... I seem to recall Vytecs having a recall for the first units that came out -- you may want to check with Suunto regarding the specific serial number on this item.

HTH,

Back
Top Bottom