aeris atmos 2,is it a good computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coqui

Reaction score
Hello!! i´m just buy this computer and i would like that you tell me if it is a good computer and what´s your opinion about it. thanks a lot.

yes, very good. i love it

it's easy to use, and the batteries last FOR EVER

coqui:
Hello!! i´m just buy this computer and i would like that you tell me if it is a good computer and what´s your opinion about it. thanks a lot.

The only thing that would make it better IMO would be wireless AI.

You may want to do a search, there has been a LOT of discussion on the Atmos II.

Also Scuba Diving Mag has reviewed it in the past.

Ron

I'm leaving Saturday for the Bahamas Explorer, week long liveaboard. I bought one for my newly certified daughter who is joining me. I own an Oceanic Veo 200, which is virtually the identical computer, & after diving 3 years with it, I really like it. Great graphics & 3 different screens to view to your liking. After doing several week long, multi-dive trips, I think it is essential to have a back up computer - so I'll use this one as #2 on future trips, since it uses the same liberal algarythms. I highly recommend as with ANY computer - to read manual cover to cover, & dive sensibly (don't go to the limit - liberal OR conservative computer).

Thanks a lot for the info. That's good information.just one thing more,is good for cold water??

Yes. Out of all the dive equipment you could possibly own, the dive computer would be the most tolerante of cold temperatures.
oh, and I too love my atmos II

I love mine. It is technically my backup unit, but I sometimes use it as my primary.

It went with my buddy to Papua New Guinea last year as a backup for him, and when his main computer died, he was able to use the Atmos II and finish the week. He had no training on it (at the last second, I said "take this just in case) and no instructions, but he was able to figure everything out. It worked fine and saved him from using one of the wimpy old units on the dive boat.

Wristshot

I had never used a dive computer before (actually had never even touched one) but I did a multiday multidive in Belize with one and found it easy to use and very intuititive. By day 5 we were old hats with it. Read the manuals and try the Aries online demos before you dive

Buy one and enjoy it. For $260 bucks you really can't go wrong.

Talk to Larry at Scubatoys and he'll likely be able to answer all your questions

The wrist strap is too long :wink:

I've made 11 dives with mine and I really like it. Displays are large and easy to read. It works just fine for air-only, but in my opinion the instruction manual is Nitrox oriented and can be "confusing" (I'm being kind here) if you are not Nitrox certified.

I bought the downloader cable. I had no problems loading the software (others said they did) to download my dives.

Only thing I've found that I don't like is that I can't hear the alarm when I'm wearing my 7mm hood. This is the only dive computer I've ever used, so I'm not sure if this would be a problem with other models or not.

I got a great deal from ScubaToys.com on this item.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom